Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to limit myself to two questions a day for the board since I am in day 1.5 of ownership.

I was wondering if there was a way to permanently set the electric sound to On and permanently set the regeneration to On?

Currently, I have to set these every time I start the car. So, hoping someone with a longer ownership history can lay down some knowledge?

thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven’t found a way to do this. What you can do is set this up in the ‘Individual’ settings but it means having to turn the Driving Mode switch on the steering wheel to ’Individual’ each time you start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for sharing that page! this week will be dedicated to finding free time to review the owners manual. As for now, it looks like I will be trying to figure out an individual driving mode so I can have the regen on and the electric sound on as I drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Press "Car" symbol on the right side of center screen, when on "Drive" menu press the 3 dots in the bottom right corner. "Set Individual mode"

Configure as you want and turn drive-mode select to "Individual" everytime you get into the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also you can set it on by programming a shortcut button. There is one on the front display and one on the steering column. Snapped like a diamond.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, that's the way I was planning on getting around the problem.

Chuck J
Remember that driving with regen ON is less efficient than driving without.

Thats the reason why regen is off in Range/Normal, Porsche found out that its way more efficient to roll/coast than regen when releasing throttle.

·
Registered
659 Posts
thank you for sharing that page! this week will be dedicated to finding free time to review the owners manual. As for now, it looks like I will be trying to figure out an individual driving mode so I can have the regen on and the electric sound on as I drive.
FYI, the Taycan owners manual is available through the Porsche Good To Know App, if you were looking for something mobile friendly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also you can set it on by programming a shortcut button. There is one on the front display and one on the steering column. Snapped like a diamond.
Thanks for sharing - I set that button to be the Homelink shortcut. It is quite 'painful' to have to scroll down the centre screen to open my garage door.

I am wondering if enabling the electric sound makes it louder outside of the vehicle or is it only for the benefit of the driver/passengers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for sharing - I set that button to be the Homelink shortcut. It is quite 'painful' to have to scroll down the centre screen to open my garage door.

I am wondering if enabling the electric sound makes it louder outside of the vehicle or is it only for the benefit of the driver/passengers?
You can rearrange the icons on the center screen. So you don’t have to scroll. But you still need to push a button to get the icon grid.

Turning on electric sound is only interior. It would be amusing to have control over outside sound (read: Play different car engine sounds).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts