Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I picked up my 4S at the dealer is showed 100% charged with a driving range of 192 miles. My fist charge it increased to 202, second charge 222, third charge 232 and last charger 242. The range improves every time I charge. Where should I expect it to level off?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Assuming you have battery P+, this sounds right in normal range drive. With other sporty mode and AC on, expect to get slightly less in the 230 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you have battery P+, this sounds right in normal range drive. With other sporty mode and AC on, expect to get slightly less in the 230 miles.
Thanks for responding. I will interesting to see what range I get with the next charge.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
Thanks for responding. I will interesting to see what range I get with the next charge.
regardless of what the guess 0 meter reports as range your driving style, climatic conditions and routing will determine the actual range the car will go.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My sales associate keep telling me I should be able to get 255 to 265 miles per charge once the batteries are completely broken in. I only hope he is correct.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
My sales associate keep telling me I should be able to get 255 to 265 miles per charge once the batteries are completely broken in. I only hope he is correct.
as noted in many places, the range the car has is dependent on a few factors like driving style, speed, climatic conditions, road conditions. there are instances of hypermilers getting over 300 miles of range by never going faster than 50 MPH, if that floats your boat great! I drive with little regard to the range I will receive, around town it doesn't matter and on road trip I plan my charging.
range anxieties is an affliction common in newbies

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me I don't drive 50 miles per hour or have range anxieties and if I don't make 255 to 265 is not an issue. I live in a multi use community which includes high rise luxury apartments, townhouses and single family homes in addition to retail shops and 21 restaurants. We also have Whole Foods grocery. I could literally not drive my car for weeks if I chose to. My daily driving is usually 20-35 miles except for an occasional Porsche Club Tour. In fact we have one coming up next month and I've already planned my charging stop. One should do the trick. My interest in Taycan driving range is simply a matter of curiosity.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very few place to practice launches where I live without being up somebody butt.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I did the fifth charge today and the range increased from 242 to 252. That was a combination of city and highway driving with the air conditioner set a 70 and the seat cooling function on. Average speed in the city was approximately 45 mph and highway 75-80 mph. The next charge should tell the story. Range has been increasing 10 miles with each charge and I would be thrilled it that happened again but I'm not expecting it to. 255 would be fine with me.

Reactions: Wakesurfer and ICU

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
13 Posts
My RWD with battery+ shows 255 miles of range at 85% charge. Like you I've seen it improve with use!

I'm driving it pretty hard too. I do turn on regen every time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine goes down with use. I am getting 205 miles at 85% ... I have to admit that, recently I don't drive it on a daily bases and if so in short trips. This could be the reason for the drop I'm seeing recently

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I picked up my 4S at the dealer is showed 100% charged with a driving range of 192 miles. My fist charge it increased to 202, second charge 222, third charge 232 and last charger 242. The range improves every time I charge. Where should I expect it to level off?
After abut 3 months, my overnight charges are 80% - 225mi, my 100% charge shows 275 mi (give or take 5)

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
What range are you guys actually getting compared to the estimate when you charge it?

I’ve got a Tesla X 90D and while it predicts 330km range at 90% I doubt I’ve ever got that. Motorway driving averaging 120kph in warm weather I reckon I’d get 270-300km. Winter driving on short stops up hills could be less than 200km.

Have a CT4 on order so interested what I should expect.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m getting very close to the estimated range with my actual miles. Combination of City and Highway driving.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I charged today I was at 50% with a remaining range of 125 miles and 125 miles driven since the last charge. After charging to 100% it showed a range of 250 miles. I decide to take a short drive on the highway and when I returned home I had driven 30 miles with a remaining range of 128 miles for a total of 258 miles I'm sure that will vary as I add some City driving. BTW this was the first time I charged and I didn't get a 10 mile increase in the driving range so I think I have maxed out. From this point on I'm only going to charge to 80% unless I'm going on a long trip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 4S , picked up Sept '20. I initially had the same incremental range increase you have experienced. I now have about 12,000 miles on the odometer, and usually charge to 85% at home. Weather has an effect, but I usually show an 85% range of 255 miles, or 300 from 100% to 0%. I soldiered thru some trying times with Electrify America, but now I don't really have range anxiety.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a 2020 4S , picked up Sept '20. I initially had the same incremental range increase you have experienced. I now have about 12,000 miles on the odometer, and usually charge to 85% at home. Weather has an effect, but I usually show an 85% range of 255 miles, or 300 from 100% to 0%. I soldiered thru some trying times with Electrify America, but now I don't really have range anxiety.
Do you have the battery plus?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts