Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, upon starting and then exiting my 2021 Taycan, I have begun hearing a digital buzzing sound coming from behind the Driver side information display when I get into and start the car, and again when I shut off the car and exit it. It lasts for no more than 5 or ten seconds. Car is going in to be checked.

Has anyone else possibly experienced this? After sending a video of it, Service department suggested it might be a faulty speaker somewhere.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the car new almost one year ago to the day. Never had this issue and the buzzing definitely does not sound normal. If it was a battery issue with the key, I would venture to guess a message would be reflected on the PCM like it would in other Porsches (including a Taycan loaner I once was provided by the dealer). The video was sent to my service manager and it was the first time they had heard it too. If you have the issue, and thats what your dealer told you, I would be skeptical.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Picking up the car shortly from service. My service advisor told me the issue is not resolve. They do recognize it is an issue and Porsche is working on a fix, but such fix is not yet identified. This reminds me of an issue I previously had with my XM Satellite Radio. When they identified the issue they had yet determined the proper solution. Then several weeks later I got a call for a software update that resolved the problem. Fingers crossed this is similar. If anyone is being told this is normal, I would advise you push back on your service advisor so that it gets the proper attention from Porsche to find the software solution for it.

Update: Having picked up the car and spoken more specifically with my service manager, the identified issue is related to the air conditioner’s servo motors being out of alignment. There is a service bulletin sent to dealers last month so the issue is a known issue. The software fix has already been updated for model 2022 vehicles. The software patch for later models will be made available in the second half of this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.