Taycan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Received a letter last week from Porsche Australia saying delivery of the Taycan in Australia will not start until 27 February 2021. Apparently due to later than expected timing of arrival of the first cars in mid December, not giving them enough time to train staff and technicians on pre-delivery and hand over protocols. Also further complicated by COVID restrictions making it difficult to get staff together to do the training. Not upset about this at all, would rather they get it right rather than rush it.

Wondering if any other Australians also received this letter?

Very excited for this car. Will be my first EV. Have order 4S in Gentian Blue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Formerly ordered in early August but had placed my holding deposit some time last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Count yourself lucky!

I live in Thailand. I ordered my 4S in August also and the Porsche dealership in Bangkok is telling me I'll get it in May or June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a long wait! Was expecting early 2021 anyway but got my hopes up when I heard it was possible deliveries may start in December.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered mine in July. Expecting it end of the year probably end of Nov or beg of December.

I live in Dubai, UAE.

·
Super Moderator
776 Posts
Hi All,

Received a letter last week from Porsche Australia saying delivery of the Taycan in Australia will not start until 27 February 2021. Apparently due to later than expected timing of arrival of the first cars in mid December, not giving them enough time to train staff and technicians on pre-delivery and hand over protocols. Also further complicated by COVID restrictions making it difficult to get staff together to do the training. Not upset about this at all, would rather they get it right rather than rush it.

Wondering if any other Australians also received this letter?

Very excited for this car. Will be my first EV. Have order 4S in Gentian Blue.
That sucks. So are you in the second shipment group then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts