Porsche Taycan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
4) So to wrap up. I get routinely about 240 range with
a) combined city and high way driving.
b) driving normally and not aggressively.
c) highway driving in normal mode but not exceeding 75 mph on the highway
d) traveling on mixed inclining and declining roads where the total trips mostly average out to a level surface.
e) Total range calculations are made from a Full charge, to about 10 to 15 percent battery life remaining where the total range of the trip is calculated from total range traveled plus range left from unused battery calculated from the average Kilowatts efficiency for each individual trip.
240 miles per charge seems like a common number that beats the Taycan's EPA-estimated range.

I read in a review that "We drive a 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo 436 miles and average 240 miles per charge, easily beating the EPA range rating of 201 miles."

And in that same review, Taycan range stats that we can compare:

"Using the Taycan Turbo's 83.7 kWh usable capacity I calculated the miles driven per kWh for all three legs of the journey based on the percentage of SOC used. The first leg was the least efficient because of a couple of factors. First, as noted above the battery and cabin were cold so we were using a considerable amount of heat as we drove. Also, it was pouring rain for most of the 134-mile drive, so I expected that part of the trip to be the least efficient. I calculated the Total Range with Estimate by adding the miles we drove with the remaining estimated miles the car displayed. The Observed Total Range was calculated by multiplying the observed miles per kWh by the battery pack's usable capacity of 83.7 kWh.

Stats from the trip:"

Starting SOCEnding SOCSOC UsedMiles DrivenRemaining Range Est.Total Range w/EstimateMiles Per kWhObserved Total Range
98%39%59%13491 mi.225 mi.2.71227 mi.
96%41%55%14398 mi.241 mi.3.11260 mi.
96%34%62%15981 mi.240 mi.3.06256 mi.

It seems easy to get around 240+ miles on a Taycan Turbo during long highway trips, depending on the temperature, as seen in this AMCI real-world range report:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Update on my end with my Turbo status: Per my temporary Porsche Rep as mine is still furloughed: my Taycan is scheduled to hit the German port for shipment end of May and ETA Houston Port end of June with delivery in July. Looks like once Zuffenhausen got spooled up again we got some decent production going again. Custom order/allotment was in January, which leads me to assume a nice bump in Taycan deliveries in July on the West Coast for those who are waiting for their custom builds vs current Dealer Inventory.

As it stands today, my dealer has 7 inventory Taycans: (1) 4S, (5) Turbos & (1) Turbo S .. technically I could just bite the bullet and pick up a Turbo today but none of them are spec'd out to my taste/wants/needs including paint jobs .. so am gonna wait.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Soon we'll be able to track Taycan deliveries with Porsche's new "Track My Porsche"service.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts