Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Taycan Turbos S. I bought it Aug 20, 2020. When I first started charging it at home 40 AMP charger 85% charge I was getting 250 to 255 mile range. A year and a half later I am down to 225 to 230. I only charge it at home. Never to 100% Never a fast charger. That is a huge drop in 1.5 years. Does anyone else have the same experience?

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
43 Posts
I have a 2020 Taycan Turbos S. I bought it Aug 20, 2020. When I first started charging it at home 40 AMP charger 85% charge I was getting 250 to 255 mile range. A year and a half later I am down to 225 to 230. I only charge it at home. Never to 100% Never a fast charger. That is a huge drop in 1.5 years. Does anyone else have the same experience?
hahahahahahah. If I get 200 miles of actual range, in the summer (@ 85% charge) that's GOOD. I get about 150 miles of actual range in the winter (@ 85% charge). I'd say you are doing VERY well.....

My car shows 204 miles of range in the winter @ 85%. I get 150

My car will show 220-230 of range in the summer @ 85%. It won't happen, ever. I will get between 185-200 miles depending on how much highway use.

Best ever I got, 242 actual miles @100% charge. In the summer, and driving like an 85 year old person.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No drop after some 12 months.

Stupid question – and appologies if I got you wrong.
But you do understand how "range" is an estimate based on several variables.
For example, not even the SOC of an electric battery is known. It's estimated by an algorithm.
Then, the range is calculated on past driving. E.g., winter, short drives etc. hurt that.

Best test to check range is to drive a longer distance.
I get > 250 miles (city) and > 180 miles (autobahn, which is > 80mph speed)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I find that how you drive it will determine what mileage you actually get, so ignore the numbers. I was recently stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, crawling, and dropped about 3 miles on the meter for every mile actually moved. I have the pb+ and usually get 275 on the meter, but it drops fast.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
43 Posts
I find that how you drive it will determine what mileage you actually get, so ignore the numbers. I was recently stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, crawling, and dropped about 3 miles on the meter for every mile actually moved. I have the pb+ and usually get 275 on the meter, but it drops fast.
Yep, the range "guesstimate" is actually quite deceiving in my opinion. When I get into the car and it say 204 miles @ 85% charge - and I drive 8/10ths of a mile and it's already at 196....

And after driving it down ( in the winter), the car ends up with 150 miles of ACTUAL range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts