Taycan Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
I鈥檝e been driving a Carmine Red 911 GTS without a front plate for close to 3 years and have never been stopped....for a front plant issue 馃榿 The car absolutely makes cops head swivel, but the lack of a front tag has not been the reason for being stopped. Even when stopped for something else they never have made mention of the lack of the front tag. I plan to leave the front tag off my Taycan Turbo when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

Registered
I鈥檝e been driving a Carmine Red 911 GTS without a front plate for close to 3 years and have never been stopped....for a front plant issue 馃榿
I wish that were the case here. Sadly it鈥檚 not. They happily pull people over for it. Depends on the municipality... some don鈥檛 but many do.

Registered
I wish that were the case here. Sadly it鈥檚 not. They happily pull people over for it. Depends on the municipality... some don鈥檛 but many do.
Yeah that sux. I live in Central Virginia, and the State and County cops don鈥檛 care. However I n Northern Virginia (DC 鈥榖urbs), it is different and they will nail you. So like many things, YMMV.

Registered
Ly3R3:

Have you been able to make any progress on the front plate challenge?

I was thinking a lower mount may be less obtrusive but more difficult with the ACC camera and parking sensors. I would love to find a way to lay it down on the right or left side blades as that would be particularly low key but hard to affix there.

Attachments

Registered
Ly3R3:

Have you been able to make any progress on the front plate challenge?

I was thinking a lower mount may be less obtrusive but more difficult with the ACC camera and parking sensors. I would love to find a way to lay it down on the right or left side blades as that would be particularly low key but hard to affix there.
I haven鈥檛 yet. I鈥檓 thinking I鈥檒l probably go without till I get my first ticket and then I鈥檒l see what鈥檚 out there. If it hasn鈥檛 changed from what I see today, I鈥檒l probably try the Skene and keep it in its original placement.

I have a hang up with things not being symmetrical so can鈥檛 get behind a tow hook or something else off centered. And in my state, the plate has to be up right (except motorcycles have an exception for mounting plates at an angle or lying down).

Registered
Yeah, I just can't go there. Maybe I've just seen too many kids in beat up Hyundais with fart cans and tow hook license plates.
As someone OCD about paint and any exterior surfaces, this is one of the best options.

I don't care what kids are up to.

These guys sure didn't...

Registered
I appreciate the tow hook benefits but I am just not there yet. Like Lay3r3, I am going to wait on the front plate until I really need to put one on and then see what is out there. I did send a note to Carbonio about their no drill front brackets and they indicated they would explore a Taycan fitment. I expect that will be a real long-shot without a mesh grill to secure the bracket.

That means no parking on public streets in Chicago for the foreseeable being . . .

41 - 50 of 50 Posts