Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I tried to place an order for a Taycan, right before Porsche closed the Taycan factory due to the war. My dealer had told me Porsche had stopped taking orders because the factory was shut down and now they're taking orders again. Now that I'm ready to place my order again they're trying to force the dealership warranty add-ons with come to about $9,000 in extra costs.

This dealer is in Atlanta. Are there any dealers that will take my order without forcing me to buy their extended warranties? Doesn't have to be in Georgia prefer to stay with the east coast and south.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
205 Posts
if you did not place an order then they are able to up the price. if you had already locked the order in tell them to pound sand and get a lawyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @kort. I understand your point but my question isnt about whether or not they can do that. I apologize that that wasnt clear. My question is more about finding a dealer that doesn't force you to buy the add-on warranty. If you know of any, that would be super helpful.

Thanks for responding.

Samuel

·
Registered
83 Posts
I took delivery of my RWD last August. I had had deposits down at 2 South Florida dealerships for 3 years. Wasn't too pleased with either of them and eventually bought from a third, Porsche of West Broward. Have had a good experience with them and would also recommend my salesman, Ariel Sommerfleck. If you give Ariel a call, tell him Jerome sent you!

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
205 Posts
Thanks @kort. I understand your point but my question isnt about whether or not they can do that. I apologize that that wasnt clear. My question is more about finding a dealer that doesn't force you to buy the add-on warranty. If you know of any, that would be super helpful.

Thanks for responding.

Samuel
in the current marketplace where supply is extremely constrained you'd find it difficult to find a quick replacement. currently there are no allocations available for almost a year and the dealers know this so even if they do have an unsold car they will mark it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some calling around and found another dealership close to me where I can put in my custom order and they won't force me to buy the dealer warranty. Problem solved. Thanks to everyone who replied. Definitely appreciated the insights.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Thanks for responding.

Samuel
thats total Bullshit. I have never had to deal with that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts