Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm moving to Porsche having had a Tesla Model 3 performance (which I loved) and I would really like to replicate (as close as possible) what Tesla does with Dashcam and sentry mode. I've looked at BlackVue and Thinkware but I wondered if anyone had managed to get an install done that achieves:
  • HD front and rear (Tesla style whole car view would be nice but probably not practical)
  • Good night vision
  • Sentry mode where the camera starts recording BEFORE the car is knocked (not sure it works as a sentry mode if the incident is only recorded after its happened). I think some sort of radar module would be required.
  • Cloud storage of the data so that if the car (and SD card) is stolen or destroyed, you still have the footage (Tesla doesnt do this)
  • App to allow viewing of clips. Tesla doesnt do this but does allow control of the status of the cameras.
  • Alert if there is an incident
  • Smart battery feature so the 12v isn't drained too far. Or subsidiary power source?
Any ideas or direct experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
ahh - i haven't had my quote yet for one. if you find a decent one for a good price please post details.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts