Discussion Starter #1
I just received an error message.."cooling system fault....service required"
Has anyone else gotten this message?
It was at the end of a 120 mile trip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @klhTaycan, did this happen while you were driving or after your finished your trip? Have you taken it in to get looked at?
I was first aware of a problem when Porsche Connect indicated an error in the pre-heating routine prior to driving. Then, when driving about 120 miles, I didn't get any heat, just cold ventilation.
Finally, toward the end of the trip, the error message popped up.(image below)
The tech suspects a vacuum valve has malfunctioned. It doesn't seem to affect drivability...battery temps function normally.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have the car looked at by the dealer. The cooling system is reported to have 300 distinct states. If the fault becomes severe enough the car will stop being driveable to protect itself. This will probably happen at the most inconvenient point in your drive. There have been reported incidents of loss of refrigerant too due to improperly installed O-ring. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have the car looked at by the dealer. The cooling system is reported to have 300 distinct states. If the fault becomes severe enough the car will stop being driveable to protect itself. This will probably happen at the most inconvenient point in your drive. There have been reported incidents of loss of refrigerant too due to improperly installed O-ring. Good luck.
Thanks...it will go in on Wednesday...I am told all repairs need approval from the mothership, and parts will likely be shipped from Zuffenhausen, although I know some parts are inventoried at the Easton, PA logistics center. I ran into somebody while at the opening at Watkins Glen today, who said he had heard of a faulty coolant level sensor creating problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...it will go in on Wednesday...I am told all repairs need approval from the mothership, and parts will likely be shipped from Zuffenhausen, although I know some parts are inventoried at the Easton, PA logistics center. I ran into somebody while at the opening at Watkins Glen today, who said he had heard of a faulty coolant level sensor creating problems.
As it turns out a stone created a radiator leak...see the photo below. Be forewarned...these radiators are too exposed for comfort.
radiator leak 2.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts