Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like Consumer Reports is removing it's "recommended" rating for the Tesla Model 3. They're basing their decision on the results of their annual reliability survey.

Model 3 owners in our spring survey sample reported some body hardware and in-car electronics problems, such as the screen freezing, which we have seen with other Tesla models. The latest survey data also shows complaints about paint and trim issues. In addition, some members reported that the Model 3’s sole display screen acted strangely.
“The touch screen would intermittently begin acting as if someone was touching it rapidly at many different points,” one member wrote in. “This fault would cause music to play, volume to increase to maximum, and would rescale and pan the map in the navigation system.”

Some owners also complained about glass defects, including cracks in the rear window, in their survey responses.

In fact, CR experienced similar problems with its own Model 3. Earlier this year, our test vehicle developed a large crack in its massive rear window during a cold spell when it was parked outside.
What makes this even more interesting is that last January Consumer Reports put the Model 3 on top of their customer satisfaction list.

I have to say I'm very surprised by this considering how well the Model 3 was received when it finally released. It's going to be very interesting to see if this trend continues for Tesla or if they can make the necessary changes to bring their satisfaction ratings up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
CR validated the Model 3 too soon. This is why I can never take those sites serious enough. 6+ months of owner feedback is what i'm after which lead me to what many are finding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts