Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Taycan today at the dealer after a week of 6 recalls installation. I was told that Porsche Cars of North America has decided not to retrofit the electric steering column as part of the comfort access for Taycans 2020-2021 and they are planning to compensate the owners instead. Have any of you experience the same issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my Taycan today at the dealer after a week of 6 recalls installation. I was told that Porsche Cars of North America has decided not to retrofit the electric steering column as part of the comfort access for Taycans 2020-2021 and they are planning to compensate the owners instead. Have any of you experience the same issue?
On a side note, I found that the dealer had reset my home charger to 50% versus 100% after it took hours to charge. At least it got me into the manuals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2021 Taycan (a February build) has the electric steering wheel adjustment. I have ordered a 2022 Macan, and the dealer told me up front that it would not be coming with the electric steering wheel adjustment, due to the chip shortage - my 2020 Macan does have the electric steering wheel adjustment, but I don't think I will miss it on the Macan. As to the Taycan, having the steering wheel raise up for ease of entry would be an issue for me. A friend of mine shared a post that Audi's not only are not having the steering wheel adjustment, but do not have the lane keep and lane assist, as well as several other items, for which a rebate off the price is being given.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2021 Taycan (a February build) has the electric steering wheel adjustment. I have ordered a 2022 Macan, and the dealer told me up front that it would not be coming with the electric steering wheel adjustment, due to the chip shortage - my 2020 Macan does have the electric steering wheel adjustment, but I don't think I will miss it on the Macan. As to the Taycan, having the steering wheel raise up for ease of entry would be an issue for me. A friend of mine shared a post that Audi's not only are not having the steering wheel adjustment, but do not have the lane keep and lane assist, as well as several other items, for which a rebate off the price is being given.
Intersting info. Thanks for sharing. I have not heard the compensation from PCNA yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Below is a screen shot of the price adjustment on the Audi. Looks like the adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist, active lane assist and Audi phone box, and side assist and rear cross traffic warning were deleted in the "semiconductor shortage package" with a $1,200 credit given.

Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number

1 - 6 of 6 Posts