Taycan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok where to start? Sounds like I’m trying to cover bad driving but taking this very seriously.

Tuesday morning on a 20mph limit road, the car in front braked to turn right and at 18mph the collision detection in my Taycan 4S kicked in with absolutely ample braking distance from the car in front. A proper WTF moment, especially when I tried to override and brake myself, but there was zero resistance and I rolled into the car in front. There was absolutely nothing I could do because there were cars on the other side of the road. Absolutely shocking but the driver was pleasant and I’m paying for damages privately with insurance company informed.

I have sent a long complaint to Porsche about this incident as collision detection is designed to bring the vehicle to an abrupt halt - nothing about this was abrupt. It impaired my breaking implicitly. Porsche had my vehicle from Tuesday afternoon til this evening and they can not replicate the issue, they have acknowledged a fault in the software and have informed of a blanket recall coming early August for all Taycans but the “braking system is fine”.

Should I pursue this? Costs to repair vehicles currently at £2000. I don’t trust the vehicle, I don’t want my kids to get in the car, what if the back of that car was a child? What if that happens at 40/50mph. Obviously I'm shocked because I love the vehicle but have no trust. Previously the collision detection has been activated by absolutely nothing.

Has anyone experienced similar?
Ash

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm glad you are okay. My 4S 2021 had the collision warning beeps and warning alerts at the dashboard kicked in at least 3 or 4 times in the past year; however, the car never came to a complete stop? I thought this was normal, and the car shouldn't stop completely? Now, after reading your post, I think I'm wrong, and the car should come to a complete stop. I am highly skeptical that the dealer will know how to fix this issue if it is a defect in the collision system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts