Taycan Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cold weather: I found a few best practices which greatly improved my range.

1. Always set a departure timer. Pre-heats battery and reduces consumption tremendously.
2. Keep car plugged-in until you leave
3. Charging should finish close to your departure time = battery and heat pump will be warm (--> timer!)
4. Heat pump makes all the difference. The warmth from the pre-heating/ charging stays available for hours and reduces power used for heating (keeping battery warm, interior).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's an example of how it crushes it....
Madison WI here and it's high teens outside.....but always in 30s in my garage where the Tay is and where charger is.
I set profile to 100% because I'm driving out of town the next day.
Full 100% charge in the morning shows (just) 214 mile range as I back out.
In first 3 miles the range drops to 190 and as I head down the road I'm starting to wonder if I'll make it back at day's end.
End of the story is that I did make it back......however I only showed just 6 mile range as I pulled back into the garage.
My trip was almost exactly 130 real miles on state roads (55mph).
So....my range that day was about 126.
It made the trip 'interesting' for me as well as my three passengers.....but also disappointing.
That’s VERY disappointing and something I learned about my 2021 4S with a standard battery. Had I known this I would have passed on the Taycan, even with the big battery. It’s just not worth the stress.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts