Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a RWD with 3700 miles, coming to a stop was applying the brakes. Let off brakes at very slow speed to let the car get closer to the stopped car ahead and felt a strong clunk. Had the radio up loud so do not know if there was any strange sounds at the same time. Could this have been a confused downshift on the rear axle? Ideas?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
20 Posts
More than likely the downshift. The nice thing about EVs is there is much less that can go wrong.

I honestly wish it didn't have a transmission sometimes, as that feels like a potential wear item over time where the motor should run indefinitely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do I have something set up wrong: when I back out of garage I should have backup camera come one, but I am getting the garage opener link come up and the back up camera disappears. Only way to get it back is to close the homelink and stop the car and move lever to reverse. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have a RWD with 3700 miles, coming to a stop was applying the brakes. Let off brakes at very slow speed to let the car get closer to the stopped car ahead and felt a strong clunk. Had the radio up loud so do not know if there was any strange sounds at the same time. Could this have been a confused downshift on the rear axle? Ideas?
Also have a RWD with about 3,500 miles. I've noticed a slight "clunk" when coming to a stop, but it doesn't happen that often. Haven't brought it to the dealer's attention yet, but the downshift theory sounds about right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts