Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m a proud owner of a RWD Taycan! It has the Premium Package plus a few other options. So far I love it! It’s my first Porsche. I had a Chevy Bolt as my first EV. It had surprisingly good fit and finish. The Taycan is a huge upgrade and no regrets so far.

I owned a few German cars before, mostly VWs and one BMW. The BMW had…issues. The VWs were fairly reliable. I tend to favor Japanese cars overall, but Japanese EV choices are very few.

I want to thank everyone here for the helpful advice, especially the YouTube videos.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you onboard.

Reactions: SoCalTony

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have both a Bolt and a Taycan. It was the Bolt that sold me on electric cars. It’s a solid car and does very well in winter with winter tires.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
What kind of range do you get on the Bolt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What kind of range do you get on the Bolt?
The 2020 Bolt screen show the max, average,and min range. This summer we’ve seen the max show a high of 309 and more typically it’s about 270. In the winter it’s about 190. Average kWh used is at 3.3 lifetime (11k miles). That’s about the same kWh as the Taycan At 3.1 KWh over about 3000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2020 Bolt screen show the max, average,and min range. This summer we’ve seen the max show a high of 309 and more typically it’s about 270. In the winter it’s about 190. Average kWh used is at 3.3 lifetime (11k miles). That’s about the same kWh as the Taycan At 3.1 KWh over about 3000 miles.
Mine was a 2018 and the Guessometer got a max of 280 an average of around 220 and a min 180. The average figure seemed slightly pessimistic but not too far off the mark in terms of cruising range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a huge Porsche fan. Porsche.com is the first thing that pops up when I type "Por" into me search bar ;). I've been calling Porsche dealers about GT3 allocations for a week. 9Apps Showbox
But if I had to do it all over again I would probably still choose my Tesla over this. $30k more than my P3D for no AWD, less range, less power, and a worse charging network is a tough sell even considering Porsche quality and refinement. And that's at base prices too. An $80k Taycan doesn't exist unless you order one specifically like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts