Taycan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has indicated that charging at Electrify America is no longer done with a Porsche free charging card, but use Porsche Connect instead. Has anyone used this?...how does it work?
Guidance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You download the Charging NA app then plug in the charger, locate the station you’re at in the map, click on the station unit number in the app by matching it with the number on the charger, and then you click a few more things to start. There’s a pop up on the station screen that you have to click to start it.

Before you do all this you should have enabled your subscription through Porsche Connect.

One trick I’ve heard is to map out the station in the PCM and the car automatically warms the battery. Optimal charging temp is in the 90-100 F range so usually the battery is “cold” and won’t charge fast until it is warmer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only charged at two Electrify America stations, but there's one essential trick that I had to learn the hard way (by calling Electrify America twice). The little icon for the location MAY NOT APPEAR AT THE STATION! In one case, the icon was way off the map, making it necessary to scroll around the screen of my phone to find it. In another case, the icon was hiding UNDERNEATH the larger icon indicating my location. Those issues cost me at least an hour, multiple calls and considerable frustration. Briefly, it even made me wish I had my Tesla back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts