Taycan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United States Owners

According to what I have learned via video and text it's easy to do with an adapter. So after looking around I bought a "Lectron Corp: Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V - For Tesla High Powered Connector, Destination Charger "
Although it will not work on Tesla Superchargers it will on all the rest which makes charging even more convenient.

Do any of you have an adapter? My Taycan isn't even here yet and already I'm buying goodies for it! :cool:
Like a kid at Christmas waiting....waiting....waiting and I'm a 70 yo kid.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
38 Posts
United States Owners

According to what I have learned via video and text it's easy to do with an adapter. So after looking around I bought a "Lectron Corp: Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V - For Tesla High Powered Connector, Destination Charger "
Although it will not work on Tesla Superchargers it will on all the rest which makes charging even more convenient.

Do any of you have an adapter? My Taycan isn't even here yet and already I'm buying goodies for it! :cool:
your 40 amp unit might prove inadequate at some destination chargers, you might have to manually back down the amps in the car. having this sort of adapter increases your charging abilities as it allows the use of the tesla destination units found at many hotels.
I have the 60 amp teslatap unit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@kort
I was under the impression that the 2021 model came with “idiot proof” charging software which would eliminate the necessity of changing any vehicle charging settings. Having to scroll through menu/submenu/ad nausea ain’t my idea of fun.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
38 Posts
@kort
I was under the impression that the 2021 model came with “idiot proof” charging software which would eliminate the necessity of changing any vehicle charging settings. Having to scroll through menu/submenu/ad nausea ain’t my idea of fun.
when you use a mod like these adapters I'd be more cautious. I cannot say if the car will or will not modulate things for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you use a mod like these adapters I'd be more cautious. I cannot say if the car will or will not modulate things for you.
I will definitely do more research because I'm living proof or Murphy's Law. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
38 Posts
@kort
watch this

·
Registered
3 Posts
United States Owners

I’m 73, also a kid and my mamba green 4s is waiting in line to be built in Stuttgart.
I bought the “TeslaTap - Tesla to J-1772 Adapter - 80 AMP” from Amazon. My reasoning for the higher amp version was for it not to be a weak link should I ever use it. For charge point I went with ChargePoint over JuiceBox as it allows me to have it at 48A (wall mounted 60A circuit). (JuiceBox 48 not currently available). I also bought a “Electric Vehicle Parking Only” sign to decorate my garage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"my mamba green 4s is waiting in line to be built in Stuttgart."
You do know you can track your baby's build progress through Porsche! I just installed the Porsche charger on the wall. It actually went well, didn't ruin anything or have a need for paramedics to make a run! Have fun with the Taycan it's a geezer gearheads dream come true.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
38 Posts
"my mamba green 4s is waiting in line to be built in Stuttgart."
You do know you can track your baby's build progress through Porsche! I just installed the Porsche charger on the wall. It actually went well, didn't ruin anything or have a need for paramedics to make a run! Have fun with the Taycan it's a geezer gearheads dream come true.
how did you get the charging unit prior to delivery?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts