Taycan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Im doing wrong. I plugged the car in, charging started fine, locked the car down and while the car was locked, I placed the key almost 10 feets away and walked back to the EA charging station and I was able to stop charging!!! so anyone can stop charging the car directly from the station, while the car is locked and unattended. I'm sure i doing something wrong here, any idea?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
How did you stop the charging? Did you push the button while it was green? If so, that would stop the charging. I believe it would do that if they key was near the car or not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you stop the charging? Did you push the button while it was green? If so, that would stop the charging. I believe it would do that if they key was near the car or not.
The key was far away from the car and I went back to the station and pressed stop charging, while the car was green. Then green turned white and the charging stopped.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
That will happen if the key is there or not. I don’t think anyone would disconnect your changer when you are not present but I’m not saying it could not happen.

• Love
Reactions: ICU

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes if a person pushes the stop button on the EA unit it will stop charging. I was charging and another customer took the other power cord on the same unit and tried to charge his car and he stopped my charging...

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
That's exactly what I thought would happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes if a person pushes the stop button on the EA unit it will stop charging. I was charging and another customer took the other power cord on the same unit and tried to charge his car and he stopped my charging...
if the car is locked he cannot disengage the charging cord.so always lock the car when charging and you are not present

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Do you know this from experience or did you get this information form somewhere else?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts