Taycan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could not find what I was looking for. Has anyone used this option before for DC charging to release the charging plug?

On my Bolt, there was an option to “stop charging” on the dash display when using the fast chargers. Usually if I wanted to end the charging session, I would push the “stop charging” button, wait for the car to unlock the plug (there was usually a “thunk” sound after a minute or so), then unplug the car.

Is is possible to do the same with the Taycan with this “Charging plug” option? Please see pic below.

I tried pushing the button by the charging plug but there’s no indication that the plug is in the process of being released. At first I thought the charging plug was stuck. I waited about 1-2 minutes until the little “overhead light” above the charging plug came on, then the plug was able to be released.

Font Screenshot Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was at the EA charging station today and tested the “Charging Plug” button. It works pretty quickly, maybe a few seconds after pushing the button and the charging plug is unlocked. I still had to push the release button next to the charger to remove the charger from the plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts