Taycan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, instead of charging as usual at the 50kw CCS local chargers, my Taycan CT 4S began to charge then after about a minute the green charging screen turned grey then red, with a message "Charging not possible". Today I tried to use my 7kw Type 2 home charger and the same thing happened trying to charge on each Type 2 socket. It goes into the Dealer under warranty on Thursday, but if anybody has any ideas of how to solve this......

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yesterday, instead of charging as usual at the 50kw CCS local chargers, my Taycan CT 4S began to charge then after about a minute the green charging screen turned grey then red, with a message "Charging not possible". Today I tried to use my 7kw Type 2 home charger and the same thing happened trying to charge on each Type 2 socket. It goes into the Dealer under warranty on Thursday, but if anybody has any ideas of how to solve this......
This happened to my 2020 4S, and I traced it to an interruption of power on the 50 amp, 220V circuit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This happened to my 2020 4S, and I traced it to an interruption of power on the 50 amp, 220V circuit.
In my case I encountered interrupted charging with my 2020 Turbo S. I would set it to General profile and only get a partial charge. To continue I needed to restart the cycle, unplug the car, and begin again. We eventually traced it to a faulty charging cable with burnt contact leads that must have occurred by faulty heat management. When Porsche replace th4 25 foot cable the charging process worked normally again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts