Taycan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve had some problems at the EA chargers but got good and quick responses from the phone help. I found that we should only use the Porsche connect app and not the EA app. But you do need the account set up. A good idea is to do a few practice charges before hitting the road.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
143 Posts
I’ve had some problems at the EA chargers but got good and quick responses from the phone help. I found that we should only use the Porsche connect app and not the EA app. But you do need the account set up. A good idea is to do a few practice charges before hitting the road.
the thing is that we should be having ZERO issues at the EA chargers. it is a 50/50 shot if I'm able to initiate a charge without having to call them to kick start the unit for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last night I took my car over to a local EA station for its first charge outside of my home in anticipation of a road trip I am taking for a week starting tomorrow.

The Porsche connect app correctly located the closest EA station at a Walmart about 4 miles from my home. Upon review, the station showed multiple Kw chargers including a 350Kw. I then got in the car and identified the same location through the navigational system. So far so good.

Upon starting the navigation system, it directed me on a route that was probably 5 minutes out of the way (I could have gotten there without the nav but wanted to see how it routed me). Google or Apple Maps would have provided a more direct route.

When I got to the 350Kw charger, I opened both my Porsche connect App and the Charging America App. Both apps reflected all of the chargers at the location. However both apps showed that each 350Kw was not operational. As I looked at the chargers themselves, they appeared to be operational.

I attempted to follow the procedure to charge using them, but was not successful. Thereafter I called Electricfy America. The advisor reviewed the location and did not see any issues with the charger. He was able to get my charge going manually after I plugged in. He then suggested I call Porsche.

On my way home I called Porsche. The advisor at Porsche gave me an unbelievably thoughtless answer, and Porsche should be embarrassed that their advisors are not trained to be better communicators. Upon mentioning the problem, the response I got was something along the lines of “The system does nto always work. You can try going back tomorrow and it may work. We do not know why this is happening but we know there is an issue”.

If Porsche wants to truly win the EV war, they need to do much better. For my trip tomorrow, I planned the route with the Porsche App and checked all of the EA locations to make sure the 350Kw chargers were showing green, which they seem to as of last night. I guess worse case scenario is I use a 150Kw charge and I am just going to take that much longer to get to my destination.
no the difference in time between 150 Kw and 350 kw charger is not that significant .I frequently charge my 4s at 150 kwatt chargers because generally they are more available

21 - 25 of 25 Posts