Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I get a “Charging Error” message when plugging in at Chargepoint, on both charging ports. Any ideas why, and how to fix it?

Are you using the ChargePoint App?

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I've had a few issue at EA. Only once was it Porsche's fault. Plug and Charge was down.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Good idea to get a RFID Card for EVgo and ChargePoint chargers, they work when other methods don’t.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

· Registered
2022 Taycan RWD
33 Posts
I get a “Charging Error” message when plugging in at Chargepoint, on both charging ports. Any ideas why, and how to fix it?
Look on PlugShare.com to see if other drivers are having issues with that charger. ChargePoint chargers are notorious for being broken as the site host is responsible for the cost of maintenance not ChargePoint. Sometimes multiple attempts can result in successfully starting a charging session.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Had another easy session at EA yesterday. This station is about a mile from my apartment and I have been using it since I got my 4S in June. My experience at this station has been 99% positive. Must be well maintained.

· Registered
2022 Taycan RWD
33 Posts
E.A. has at least 3 different charger brands installed, some are good and others are somewhat problematic. My experience has been very good on several long road trips. Despite documented issues many drivers are having good experiences with the CCS charging ecosystem. Experiences will get better over time as the bad equipment is removed from the environment. I see petrol stations getting into DC fast chargers soon. Eventually they will be forced into EV chargers like it or not. That's where the money will be.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I do have the ChargePoint App but haven’t used it yet. Been using EA exclusively.

· Registered
2022 Taycan RWD
33 Posts
Had another easy session at EA yesterday. This station is about a mile from my apartment and I have been using it since I got my 4S in June. My experience at this station has been 99% positive. Must be well maintained.
Have a look at the brand and power and share with us. Some of the charger brands are good and some are not.
Thanks;

· Registered
2021 taycan 4s
230 Posts
what does the experience at an EA unit have to do with issues at a chargepoint unit?

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
what does the experience at an EA unit have to do with issues at a chargepoint unit?
Just offering an alternative charging station experience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.