Taycan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this with my car - but i do not have space to put it up (or i would)

Details from the Porsche Taycan configurator:

With the Porsche Charging Dock, the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect can be attached to the wall in a space-saving and visually appealing way. In addition, it is effectively protected against external factors such as rain or theft. The charger can be removed from the dock for maximum flexibility for mobile use in the vehicle.

Prefer local sale in Texas (Dallas). 400.00
Grey Line Wall Art Tints and shades

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
80 Posts

With the Porsche Charging Dock, the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect can be attached to the wall in a space-saving and visually appealing way. In addition, it is effectively protected against external factors such as rain or theft. The charger can be removed from the dock for maximum flexibility for mobile use in the vehicle.

View attachment 3727
How long is the Charging Cable that comes with this? 25 feet?

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is a housing / dock for the mobile connect charger. it doesn't come with the charger or cables. So i am confused with your question -
I thought the unit might come with the charging cables. From your reply I see that it doesn’t. Can you post a photo of the actual unit you have? The photo posted appears to be a Porsche “stock” photo and its shows cables which don’t come with what you are offering.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for posting these photos. I now see how this works with the Porsche Mobile Connect charger. Unfortunately the 220 line I had installed in my garage does not have a plug that is flush with the wall. Instead the entire plug box is in front of the wall. Because of that I would not be able to do a “clean” install of this item you are offering so I will have to take a pass on the opportunity to purchase it. Thank you for the time you spent taking the photos and posting them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for posting these photos. I now see how this works with the Porsche Mobile Connect charger. Unfortunately the 220 line I had installed in my garage does not have a plug that is flush with the wall. Instead the entire plug box is in front of the wall. Because of that I would not be able to do a “clean” install of this item you are offering so I will have to take a pass on the opportunity to purchase it. Thank you for the time you spent taking the photos and posting them.
No problem - frankly, i have the same issuea some other contraints.. But i am thinking of using an extension cord and giving it a shot. Best!

·
Registered
80 Posts
No problem - frankly, i have the same issuea some other contraints.. But i am thinking of using an extension cord and giving it a shot. Best!
Thanks. I'm posting a photo of what my current setup is in my garage. It's not particularly attractive but it works very well. If you don't have a setup like this, Porsche offers the mounting brackets and needed hardware in a Kit that is priced around $160 I think. My dealer had the Kit in stock in the Parts Department.

Rectangle Material property Audio equipment Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can see my solution to the surface mounted receptacle in:

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 3727
I was wondering if the charging doc is still available. I have a 2022 Taycan 4 S coming next week. We are in New Canaan Ct. please let me know. Thanks Chris M

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, the unit has an opening in the back that fits over a surface mounted plug. That is how mine was installed. This is mostly an appearance upgrade, and a handy thing to wrap the cable on when not in use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually, the unit has an opening in the back that fits over a surface mounted plug. That is how mine was installed. This is mostly an appearance upgrade, and a handy thing to wrap the cable on when not in use.
Hello Mr. Flash4S - Are you suggesting I could use your item even though my 240v plug sits on top of my wall? I’m still thinking the item you have requires a 240v wall socket that is flat and flush with the wall - - not one that is protruding out from the wall. Also, my charging cable is no more than 8’ long and I think your unit was designed for the 25’ long charging cables. I think my charging cable is too short to take advantage of the “wrap around” feature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Mr. Flash4S - Are you suggesting I could use your item even though my 240v plug sits on top of my wall? I’m still thinking the item you have requires a 240v wall socket that is flat and flush with the wall - - not one that is protruding out from the wall. Also, my charging cable is no more than 8’ long and I think your unit was designed for the 25’ long charging cables. I think my charging cable is too short to take advantage of the “wrap around” feature.
Actually, I am not the guy who has anything for sale. I just want to point out, for everyones' benefit, that the Charging Dock fits over the plug, regardless whether it is flush or surface mounted. My install looks like the photo above, except I don't have the bracket to hang the J-1772 plug. I wrap the 25 foot cable around the Dock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually, I am not the guy who has anything for sale. I just want to point out, for everyones' benefit, that the Charging Dock fits over the plug, regardless whether it is flush or surface mounted. My install looks like the photo above, except I don't have the bracket to hang the J-1772 plug. I wrap the 25 foot cable around the Dock.
Thank you for clarifying that! 😊

1 - 17 of 17 Posts