Taycan Forum banner

Charging at home

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Porschepro888 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea how should I prepare for charging at home in USA. Do i need to install a new 220 outlet? and what amp for my fuse box is the best for faster charging?

#7 ·
Hello, if you purchase the Porsche Mobile Charge Dock, it definitely makes a difference where the outlet is positioned. I had to have my NEMA 14-50 outlet moved in order to use the PMD. Also, because of the way the actual charger mounts in the dock, the ground for the NEMA 14-50 outlet needs to be on the bottom, or “upside” down. The ground is typically at the top for standard installations. If your receptacle is recessed then it’s easier to mount the dock and if it’s surface mounted on the wall, you will need to use the spacer. 50 Amp breaker is definitely correct. I’ll try to send photos my install if that helps. The charging cord to the car from the charger is long, but the 14-50 pig-tail to the charger is no more than 18” and the dock is 14.7”w x25.2”h x9.1” deep and that depth is without the spacer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.