Taycan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Taycan forum, and know I will get biased opinions but want to know if you guys think Its worth switching my s63 coupe for a Taycan 4s. I am aware that its a huge downgrade and I love my s63. The main reason im trying to trade is the depreciation of my car, which it already took a huge hit.

Im wondering if the Taycan being an EV will retain its value as other Porsches? or if it will take a huge hit because EV's have a strong depreciation curve due to tech?

Also want to know what you guys think if the S63 is nicer or the Taycan.

I drove my moms Panamera gts and it doesn't wow me like my AMG.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the forum @s63! I'm not sure if this is possible but if you can arrange to test drive a Taycan I highly recommend it. You need to experience how immediate the power is when you press the throttle. As far as depreciation goes its hard to say since it's such a new car. Only time will tell.

Have you considered the Turbo or Turbo S? Those would be more comparable in terms of power/performance to the S63 than the 4S.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the forum @s63.
Are you sure you want to drop all that luxury?
Have you looked at any other vehicles? AMG GT?

Both the S63 and Taycan are great vehicles and not really comparable. S63 is a grand tourer meant more for luxury and all the comfort you could ask for in a coupe. Meanwhile the Taycan is the complete opposite. Its very sporty, along the lines of a 911.

·
Registered
39 Posts
After driving various Taycan for several days now, I feel like going back in time with my old ICEs.
The Taycan, more like any other car I ever drove, feels like the future – and on the street you see bypassers perceiving it the same way!

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '20 Taycan 4S, '12 Mercedes 450GL
16 Posts
I agree with @andix. EVs are the future. I've had both a Tesla Model S and now a Taycan 4S. While Porsche has a ways to go in catching up to Tesla in terms of software, the 4S is amazing – fit, finish, drive feel, rear-wheel steering, OMG. Just love it. But both cars are just way out in front of any ICE vehicle. I actually hate driving our MB GL450 now, and we traded a 911 Turbo in on the Taycan. I regret nothing. But... software isn't there yet, so that might be a consideration as you will experience some early adopter's headaches. But man, on those turns and switchbacks... :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with @andix. EVs are the future. I've had both a Tesla Model S and now a Taycan 4S. While Porsche has a ways to go in catching up to Tesla in terms of software, the 4S is amazing – fit, finish, drive feel, rear-wheel steering, OMG. Just love it. But both cars are just way out in front of any ICE vehicle. I actually hate driving our MB GL450 now, and we traded a 911 Turbo in on the Taycan. I regret nothing. But... software isn't there yet, so that might be a consideration as you will experience some early adopter's headaches. But man, on those turns and switchbacks... :)
I'd add charging network along with software since Tesla for now has the leg up on that too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drove all Teslas. I liked the Model X at a glance, if you really use it, it's not thought through.
Teslas so far are a lot of fake. The performance is the clearest example. Ludic. mode is a show off, that doesn't work (car needs 20+ min of prep and then overheats in no time).
Software btw. in Tesla not good either. Slow UX, too many menues (partly on the Taycan the same prob).

Before the Taycan arrived, I decided to stick with ICE until EVs get better.
So I tested various Taycan for weeks before buying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts