Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the long wait I took delivery of my Taycan Turbo. The Carmine red, while different colour than the Porsche configurator looks great.
Looking forward to some road trips thru the mountains of British Columbia soon.
Taycan.jpg

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

How's the experience so far? (And are you new to Porsche, new to EVs?)

Post pics from those BC mountains.... love the scenery out there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
After the long wait I took delivery of my Taycan Turbo. The Carmine red, while different colour than the Porsche configurator looks great.
Looking forward to some road trips thru the mountains of British Columbia soon. View attachment 2412
Hi, this is pretty much the exact spec/config I am looking at in the 4S version. So do you regret Red and wish you went for Blue or Silver? 😋

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, this is pretty much the exact spec/config I am looking at in the 4S version. So do you regret Red and wish you went for Blue or Silver? 😋
Hind site being 20/20 I probably would have gone with midnight blue/chalk like the Targa I traded in. I should have gone to the dealer and checked out an actual metal sample as the Porsche website colour is a lot different, much more orange. That being said I am a senior so the Carmine is perhaps better for the younger crowd.
I tried at the last minute to change the colour to the dark red colour that only shows up on the Chinese Porsche site so far but my order was locked by then.
Make sure you order the no cost longer charge cable as the standard one is a joke. I have not had much of a chance to drive the car yet, I will make more comments after a trip thru the mountains.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hind site being 20/20 I probably would have gone with midnight blue/chalk like the Targa I traded in. I should have gone to the dealer and checked out an actual metal sample as the Porsche website colour is a lot different, much more orange. That being said I am a senior so the Carmine is perhaps better for the younger crowd.
I tried at the last minute to change the colour to the dark red colour that only shows up on the Chinese Porsche site so far but my order was locked by then.
Make sure you order the no cost longer charge cable as the standard one is a joke. I have not had much of a chance to drive the car yet, I will make more comments after a trip thru the mountains.
Brill, I look forward to your update. Yes, I cannot make my mind up about the colour, in some videos the red looks fantastic, in others a little orange as you say - fantastic still either way! Frankly, any colour looks awesome but I guarantee "grass is always greener" will happen whatever colour I choose!

I keep getting told off for comparing the Taycan to a Model 3 performance and rightly so I suppose but the Model 3 is such a good car it's hard to change from it and want to really do my homework before handing over my cash, so I am really interested to hear your thoughts after driving it some more.

I miss the plush feel of my Audi S8 when I am in the Model 3 but love the lively smaller feel of the Model 3, if money was no object I would have both and keep the one I drove the most.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts