Taycan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
yes, the charger uses a J1772 plug which is the standard for L2 charging on all ev cars except for US teslas, any car with a J1772 can be charged with the porsche unit
There is also CHAdeMO, a Japanese standard

From a google search:

People also ask

Which cars use CHAdeMO charger?
The Nissan LEAF and the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV are the only electric vehicles that use the CHAdeMO EV charging connector type. In 2018, Kia abandoned CHAdeMO and now offers CCS.

· Registered
2021 taycan 4s
230 Posts
There is also CHAdeMO, a Japanese standard

From a google search:

People also ask

Which cars use CHAdeMO charger?
The Nissan LEAF and the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV are the only electric vehicles that use the CHAdeMO EV charging connector type. In 2018, Kia abandoned CHAdeMO and now offers CCS.
nissan is moving away from chademo and their chademo cars also use a j1772

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S, 93.4kwh, 2010 GT3, 2020 Cayenne Coupe e-hybrid
12 Posts
We get confused because the reality is that the chargers are building inside the EVs, the cable that comes in the car or we have in the wall “we wrongly call chargers” is just a power delivery unit.
That seems right. But given it is simply a power delivery unit, why does the mobile charger connect need to be so big, and so heavy?

· Registered
14 Posts
My daughter is getting a BMW i3, just wondering if I can use my Taycan's Porsche mobile charger plus to charge her car?

thanks for any guidance
I can confirm that yes you absolutely can use the Porsche charger to charge other cars. I’m using it to charge my Volkswagen ID4. It seems that I have to max the charger power at 20 Amps however otherwise I get an error.

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
I can confirm that yes you absolutely can use the Porsche charger to charge other cars. I’m using it to charge my Volkswagen ID4. It seems that I have to max the charger power at 20 Amps however otherwise I get an error.
You may have just answered my question - I keep getting a circuit tripped error message. I will try this. I am trying to charge a tesla model "y" with the porsche mobile charging unit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.