Taycan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it's safe to say we have different priorities.
one last counter have you ever heard the adage that the consumer is always right?Well i just talked to champion porsche motors in for lauderdale and asked them what battery Taycan buyers are buying and the answer was almost always they are buying the big battery across the Taycan range.i believe this proves my point

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
one last counter have you ever heard the adage that the consumer is always right?Well i just talked to champion porsche motors in for lauderdale and asked them what battery Taycan buyers are buying and the answer was almost always they are buying the big battery across the Taycan range.i believe this proves my point

That sound reasonable. I would have definitely opted for the bigger battery had I ordered my 4S rather than getting one from stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ok

·
Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
12 Posts
There is a lot of talk about getting the bigger battery. Do you realize that with the additional sales tax, the bigger battery costs OVER SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS? How many times is roughly 250 miles in range vs roughly 220 miles going to make a difference? Chances are you are going to be charging at home, which means you'll start the day with a full "tank". If you're this side of Jeff Bezos, a cost/benefit analysis is in order before you decide the issue.
I am way this side of Jeff Bezos, but my daughter and her family live 305 miles from our home, mostly thru rural Pa, and there are no DC fast chargers on route and the alternate plus charging time adds 90 minutes to the trip. Not what my wife, a doting grandmother, wants to tolerate. Also tried to plan a weekend trip to the New River Gorge area in southern WV. I wish even more range was available.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I read where Edmunds tested a 4S with the performance plus battery and got 323 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
12 Posts
I read where Edmunds tested a 4S with the performance plus battery and got 323 miles.
I have noted that the remaining range is really accurate, except in hilly terrain. Even though going up and then down should balance out to some extent, that I-81 and I-84 route seems to knock down the remaining range about 10% faster than the actual miles travelled.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I would assume the 4S that Edmunds tested had the performance plus battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i you made that much money on mgm stock which is now approaching fifty you should have bought the turbo s which comes standard with the performance battery
If you have the Luxury and Performance packages you already have a lot of the options you might want. As for true must-haves, it's subjective of course but I would spec the Performance Plus battery (the 93kWH one)
As for very-nice-to-haves I'd say Bose stereo, Sport Chrono, and Rear Wheel Steering
As for nice-but-not-essential I'd add Powered Charge Port, Electronic Sport Sound, Power folding mirrors, and if at all possible I recommend the Porsche Experience Center delivery.
My 4S has Luxury, Performance, and all of the items I mentioned above.
I bought mine custom, so I paid essentially MSRP, so I'm not much use on what negotiation there would be for an inventory car, but from a recent thread on taycanforum dot com I think people are seeing 4% to 8% in the US.
Good luck! It's a great car.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
The performance plus should be a definite option when buying a Taycan.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts