Premium Pkg
Technology Pkg
Exterior Mirror lower trim and base in high gloss black
Rear axle steering
All season tires
Night vision
Heated rear seats
Leather steering wheel
Porsche crest on head rest (losing GTS with leather interior)
Illuminated door sill guards
Power charge port cover
Porsche intelligent range manager
150 kW/400V DC charger on board (
(Receptacles on 50W amps already installed)

Can’t decide:
White interior preferred (have seen several white Taycans in the area)
Blackberry interior w/deviated stitching in white or chalk/black interior w/o black seat centers. Would love to hear from someone that has had chalk/black interior for a while.
18 way seats or 14 way seats w/o ventilation and massage
Model designation on rear in high gloss back or removed
Advanced 4 zone climate control
19.2 kW on board charger

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
116 Posts
Hello TLC. I own a 2020 Taycan Turbo and I am happy to offer up my thoughts and perspective about your build decisions.

First off, if you want to save a few dollars I suggest you not include the InnoDrive within the Premium Package. The Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is all you need and the incremental functionality the InnoDrive provides above the ACC is of zero or close to zero value. You'll save $1,500+ if you don't include the InnoDrive. I also suggest you not include the 150 kWH/400V DC on board charger which would save you $460. Unless you're going to be taking a lot of inter city or interstate road trips, I think there will be very, very few times you would actually be recharging at a station where the 150 kWH/400V charger would come into play.

Turning now to the items you say you can't decide on, here are my thoughts.

1. 19.2 kWH On Board Charger - Unless your home has atypically high load electrical circuits installed, you can delete this option. You state you have 50 AMP receptacles already installed. I think most building codes limit the amperage you can safely pull to 80% of the maximum so your Porsche supplied charger would draw at 40 AMPs. This rate of draw will deliver about 9.2 to 9.4 kWH per hour to your battery when you are recharging. This is the setup I have at my home and the rate of recharge has been fast enough for my overnight recharging needs. With your 50 AMP line, even if you have the 19.2 kWH On Board Charger, I am 99% sure your Taycan would not recharge any faster than the 9.4 kWH per hour rate.

2. Advanced 4 Zone Climate Control - This option is worth the nearly $1,000 cost if you are going to have rear seat passengers. if you are never going to have rear seat passengers then you likely are throwing away money if you order this option. If you are considering the future resale value of your Taycan, I think the vehicle would be worth a bit more with this option but I doubt it would be worth $1,000 more.

3. 14 Way seats w/o ventilation or massage - I've had the massage function in a Mercedes S500 and it was way too gimmicky and, other that trying it once, it was never used. I think you can live without the massage function. I do think the ventilated front seats are very beneficial, especially of you experience hot summers. To me, ventilated seats are a "must have." I have 14-way front seats and they have all the adjustments I could ever want. I have no experience with the 18-way seats so I am probably not the best source of advice on this choice. All I will say is that my 14-way seats are extremely comfortable.

4. Removal of Model Designation on Rear - Unless you aren't proud of the GTS model you are ordering, I would most definitely not remove the model designation. I think there are 2 types of people who choose to remove the model designation - - 1. People who don't want anyone to know that they ordered one of the lower level models (Taycan or Taycan 4S) as if they are ashamed of which vehicle version they have or 2. People who are trying to trick other vehicles to race them. Assuming you aren't either of these 2 types of people, IMHO you should keep the model designation on the rear of your GTS. Related to this, I personally wouldn't put the Porsche Crest on the headrests. I'd much prefer to have the "GTS" insignia on my front headrests instead of the Porsche Crest.

5. Chalk Seats instead of some other color - I almost purchased a Gentian Blue Taycan 4S with the Black and Chalk interior. IMHO that interior is very good looking with many of the exterior paint colors available (I notice your post doesn't state what exterior color you are ordering). Even though they aren't white white, I think the Chalk seats are waaaay better looking than the true white seats you will see on many of the Tesla's you see every single day. I think the Porsche Chalk seats are a more sophisticated light grey color and are better looking than white. That said, based on the Taycan I actually purchased, I think you should consider the top of the line Basalt Black and Atacama Beige interior. This interior has a better quality leather than the Black and Chalk and the Basalt Black is a darker, deeper black than the standard Black. This creates a stronger two-tone contrast as compared to the Black and Chalk option. The Basalt Black and Atacama Beige interior also includes Neodyme accents which make a very significant positive improvement to the interior cabin.

I get serious compliments when someone sees the interior pf my Volcano Grey Taycan Turbo and the most common comment I hear includes the word "gorgeous." Finally, on 2 occasions I have found my Volcano Grey Taycan parked in a parking lot directly next to a Grey Tesla Model S with a White interior. The color combination of my "Grey Taycan with Black and Light Beige interior" is soooo much better looking than the Grey tesla with White interior that it makes me feel bad for the Tesla owner who paid so much only to have a vehicle that looks "OK" at best.

In summary, while I think the Black and Chalk interior is very good looking and would be a good choice when paired with many of Porsche's available exterior colors, I do think the Basalt Black and Atacama Beige may very well be a better choice for you.

Sorry for this very long post but I am always trying to help others make well informed choices when they are configuring their Taycan order.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Good luck with finalizing your build order.

· Registered
2023 Taycan GTS
4 Posts
Hello….

Put down a deposit April ‘22 for a Taycan 4S
Offered a Taycan GTS allocation December ‘22, I took it

Mission E wheels painted in exterior color
Premium Pkg
Technology Pkg
Exterior Mirror lower trim and base in high gloss black
Rear axle steering
All season tires
Night vision
Heated rear seats
Leather steering wheel
Porsche crest on head rest (losing GTS with leather interior)
Illuminated door sill guards
Power charge port cover
Porsche intelligent range manager
150 kW/400V DC charger on board (
(Receptacles on 50W amps already installed)

Can’t decide:
White interior preferred (have seen several white Taycans in the area)
Blackberry interior w/deviated stitching in white or chalk/black interior w/o black seat centers. Would love to hear from someone that has had chalk/black interior for a while.
18 way seats or 14 way seats w/o ventilation and massage
Model designation on rear in high gloss back or removed
Advanced 4 zone climate control
19.2 kW on board charger

· Registered
2023 Taycan GTS
4 Posts
PDCC Sport, 18 Way Seats, I ordered the 150 KW Charger and found out there aren't many or any 400V 150KW Commercial Chargers. Do some homework. The Guy on State of Charge also said the same thing. The 19.2 KW Charger you will need to run 100Amps to the Garage and I'm not sure who makes a charger large enough to use the Amperage. They also offer really cheap prewiring for front and rear Dash Cameras. They didn't offer it on my Build. I heard it's pretty expensive to do it after you get the car and it's like $150 as an option.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ - Thanks for your comments/suggestions. There was a typo in my original post… I”m considering the White exterior.

#1: thanks for the explanation as I’m new to the EV world (or will be) so I’m still reading and learning about charging and charging requirements. A lot of information on this forum and I’m trying to soak it up.

#2: I will rarely have rear seat passengers and was mainly considering the Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control for looks.

#3: 14-Way Seat w/o ventilation or massage. Will definitely go with the ventilation and heat but will probably not get the massage function as I will rarely be driving long distance so I probably don’t need it. I’ve read on the forum that the 14-way seats are more comfortable and has more cushion. Will probably have to go to the dealership to test vehicles with 14-way and 18-way to see which is most comfortable.

#4: Removal of Model Designation on Rear: Will definitely take you advise and leave it on the car.

#5: Chalk Seats instead of some other color: Have ruled out chalk seats. Was leaning toward Blackberry with white stitching interior/white exterior. Now considering the Basalt Black interior with white stitching or Truffle Brown with white stitching.

Too many choices… now considering Coffee exterior w/Mission E wheels in exterior color with the Truffle Brown w/Atacama Beige stitching. Will have to go to the dealership to look at color samples.

I’m glad I have until Feb to finalize the build.

Your post comments/suggestion are very welcomed.

Thanks

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Byron55 - I probably won’t get the PDCC as I will not be tracking.

Thanks for advice on the 150 kW charger - folks at the dealership suggested that I get it.
Thanks for the advice on the 19.2 kW charger - that will save some funds.
Thanks for the advice on the dashcam prewiring I will be adding that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@andix - All comments/suggestions are welcomed.

I realize color combinations are personal preferences but getting advice on the different material and colors (lights or darks) helps in the decision process.

14-way vice 18-way seats - is one more comfortable than the other? I won’t be tracking or doing a lot of spirited driving so the hugging of the 18-way seats is not something I must have. I really would like the most comfortable.

I’ve received some good advice regarding on-board charges. This area I’m really still learning a lot about.

· Registered
116 Posts
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ - Thanks for your comments/suggestions. There was a typo in my original post… I”m considering the White exterior.

#1: thanks for the explanation as I’m new to the EV world (or will be) so I’m still reading and learning about charging and charging requirements. A lot of information on this forum and I’m trying to soak it up.

#2: I will rarely have rear seat passengers and was mainly considering the Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control for looks.

#3: 14-Way Seat w/o ventilation or massage. Will definitely go with the ventilation and heat but will probably not get the massage function as I will rarely be driving long distance so I probably don’t need it. I’ve read on the forum that the 14-way seats are more comfortable and has more cushion. Will probably have to go to the dealership to test vehicles with 14-way and 18-way to see which is most comfortable.

#4: Removal of Model Designation on Rear: Will definitely take you advise and leave it on the car.

#5: Chalk Seats instead of some other color: Have ruled out chalk seats. Was leaning toward Blackberry with white stitching interior/white exterior. Now considering the Basalt Black interior with white stitching or Truffle Brown with white stitching.

Too many choices… now considering Coffee exterior w/Mission E wheels in exterior color with the Truffle Brown w/Atacama Beige stitching. Will have to go to the dealership to look at color samples.

I’m glad I have until Feb to finalize the build.

Your post comments/suggestion are very welcomed.

Thanks
Hello again @TLC - If you would value having a very unique AND very good looking Taycan then I think your idea of the Coffee Beige exterior and the Club Leather Truffle Brown with Atacama Beige stitching interior is an excellent thought!

In the last 2 years I have only seen a Coffee Beige Taycan one time (and I thought it was a good looking color) so if you had that color you definitely wouldn’t see yourself driving by all the time. Also, the Truffle Brown Club leather is Porsche’s highest quality leather and the Atacama Beige stitching is, IMHO, the “right” color choice for contrast stitching with the Truffle Brown.

Also, the Truffle Brown interior includes Neodyme (golden color) accents which makes a very nice improvement to the look of the interior cabin (I have the Neodyme accents in my Taycan and they really make a nice positive difference).

Just my 2 cents worth but if you went the Coffee Exterior and Truffle Brown interior route, I think you’d have a very unique and rare Taycan that also looks outstanding!

Let me know if I can be of help to you regarding any other choices you are considering as you are working to finalize your Taycan GTS configuration.

Good luck.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ Thanks for the suggestions regarding coffee exterior and truffle brown interior… I’m really considering that combination. I have seen the car in coffee with black/limestone beige at the dealership some time ago and thought it was stunning. Prior to my freeze date I’ll visit the dealership to see what the truffle brown sample looks like. I’ve been playing around with the configurator so much since receiving the allocation that I think I need to step away from it for a few days. If I have any more questions prior to the freeze date I will definitely hit you up.

Again, thanks!

· Registered
116 Posts
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ …. Not sure about the Neodyme accents though.
You are welcome. Please trust me on the Neodyme accents! When you are looking at the photos of the interior in the Car Configurator, if you switch between the Black interior and the Truffle Brown interior you'll be able to see the difference. Look at the Steering Wheel, the Cupholders in the Center Console, the Air Conditioning Vents and the Door Pull Handles.

· Registered
6 Posts
Porsche Guy from AZ nailed it. Great recommendations and thoughts. My 2022 4S in Carmine Red has most of his thoughts incorporated. Special emphasis on the charging. The Porsche Wall Charger works well. Vast majority of charging is at home using 230vac. I find I can use only about 32amps of charging current without overheating the 50amp breaker. Maybe if cold weather comes to South Florida I can charge faster. After battery conditioning when new, the car shows a range of about 280 miles at 100% charge. (Porsche recommends 85% charge in general). Best wishes.

· Registered
116 Posts
Porsche Guy from AZ nailed it. Great recommendations and thoughts. My 2022 4S in Carmine Red has most of his thoughts incorporated. Special emphasis on the charging. The Porsche Wall Charger works well. Vast majority of charging is at home using 230vac. I find I can use only about 32amps of charging current without overheating the 50amp breaker. Maybe if cold weather comes to South Florida I can charge faster. After battery conditioning when new, the car shows a range of about 280 miles at 100% charge. (Porsche recommends 85% charge in general). Best wishes.
To lproberts 1085: I note your comment about you limiting charging to 32 amps due to the high temperature in your garage. I suggest you look into getting a mini-split AC unit installed to cool your garage. I’ve had my garage air-conditioned for the last 6 years and it’s great for the longevity of both ICE and EV cars. And in the middle of the Arizona summer it’s great to go into the garage and sit in a perfectly cool car (and not a car that feels like an oven). My garage is cooled to 75 degrees and I run my Porsche charger at 40 amps which delivers 9.2 kWH without any overheating. I want to say my garage AC set up cost me about $6,000 and it has proven to be well worth it. If your FL garage was air conditioned I bet your could run your charger at 40 amps without any overheating problems

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Following is the code for what I hope is my final build decision, tell me what you think. After reading reviews/discussion I decided to remove the Panoramic Roof w/VLC and 19.2 kW on Board charger. I added Burmester radio.

PP9GFYK6

· Registered
116 Posts
Following is the code for what I hope is my final build decision, tell me what you think. After reading reviews/discussion I decided to remove the Panoramic Roof w/VLC and 19.2 kW on Board charger. I added Burmester radio.

PP9GFYK6
Hey TLC.

I will take a look late today and share my thoughts with you tomorrow.

· Registered
116 Posts

PP9GFYK6
Hey TLC! All I can say is OMG! Actually I probably mean OMFG! Your Taycan GTS is gonna be a fantastic looking vehicle and you got all the equipment you could ever need and you didn’t waste any money on the InnoDrive. You also went with the 14 way seats which I’m fairly certain will be more comfortable than the 18 way seats. I think the color combination is fantastic and I know you will like the quality of the upgraded leather seats in Atacama Beige. Well done!

Only thing I might question is the massaging front seats but that’s up to you. 😊

Best of luck to you with your amazing Taycan GTS. What’s your projected delivery date?

· Registered
116 Posts
Hello again TLC. I gave your build more thought overnight and I have 5 suggestions for your consideration:

1. I can't find it in the Configurator but you really should order the Porsche-designed protective tray for the rear cargo area. It's a high quality plastic tray in black and will match the black color of the trunk. The tray has short side walls so the tray can protect against a liquid spill in the trunk as well as protect the trunk carpet floor from wear and tear. I think this is a "must have" low cost option.

2. Regarding the 3 leather interior items you added (rear storage tray, rear tunnel storage tray and center console trim), I think you could do without these and save yourself $3,000. I just sat in the back seat of my Taycan which has the same interior as the one you are ordering and the non-leather materials in those three spots look good and feel perfectly fine to the touch. Also, since these are back seat areas, you will never see or touch them so are they of much value to you the owner? I say your rear seat passengers would never know the difference so why spend the $3,000? If you selected the interior leather in these spots in order to make the rear seating environment "nicer" for your rear seat passengers, I'd suggest you should instead order the Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control for the rear seats ($990). That will add a cool looking lighted control panel for the changing of the temperature settings and will allow rear seat passengers to set different temperatures for the rear versus the front of the cabin.

3. There is only one option that my Taycan doesn't have which I really wish I had - - the "Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist" ($1,620). That option includes Rear Cross Traffic Alert which can be very helpful in parking lots where you are parked next to big SUVs and you really can't see and are backing out of your parking space "blind." I've had at least 3 close calls in parking lots because I really couldn't see to the side when I was backing up and this option will quickly warn you that there are vehicles approaching from the side. To me, unless you are never going to be parking in crowded parking lots, I think this is a "must have" option.

4. Since your wheel spokes are black, the brake calipers are black, the model designation on the rear is black and the Power Charge Port cover has a horizontal strip in black, I think you should consider adding the Door Handles in High Gloss Black for $350. I personally think having the door handles in black will add additional exterior accents in black that will enhance the look of the vehicle. Of course, this is a matter of personal taste so you may think otherwise. At a minimum I think you should go into the Configurator and look at the car with and without the black door handles and see what you think.

5. If you would like people to know that your Taycan is an electric vehicle (you'd be surprised at how many people don't know the Taycan is electric (they barely know that it's a Porsche), you might want to add the no-cost option for the "electric" logo on the front door. This would put the word "electric" in black on the front doors a bit below and just to the side of the black horizontal strip of the Power Charge Port covers and would add another black accent on the exterior of the vehicle.

I've racked my brain over this and the above 5 suggestions are all I have for you.

Again, as is, I think what you have configured looks fantastic and you will be very happy with your Taycan GTS. I do think at least 2 of the 5 items I'm suggesting you really, really should opt for - - the protective tray of the rear cargo area and the Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist.

Good luck!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey TLC! All I can say is OMG! Actually I probably mean OMFG! Your Taycan GTS is gonna be a fantastic looking vehicle and you got all the equipment you could ever need and you didn’t waste any money on the InnoDrive. You also went with the 14 way seats which I’m fairly certain will be more comfortable than the 18 way seats. I think the color combination is fantastic and I know you will like the quality of the upgraded leather seats in Atacama Beige. Well done!

Only thing I might question is the massaging front seats but that’s up to you. 😊

Best of luck to you with your amazing Taycan GTS. What’s your projected delivery date?
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ

Thank you!!!! I took your suggestions regarding not opting InnoDrive and the 14 way seats are comfortable.

Massaging front seats - I’m on the fence about them. I read some comments where owners say they function really well and are a most have.

I still have 2 weeks to make final changes. My SA is hoping delivery will be in the month of April. Once the Freeze Date is in effect, hopefully I’ll get a projected delivery date.

Thanks again…

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello again TLC. I gave your build more thought overnight and I have 5 suggestions for your consideration:

1. I can't find it in the Configurator but you really should order the Porsche-designed protective tray for the rear cargo area. It's a high quality plastic tray in black and will match the black color of the trunk. The tray has short side walls so the tray can protect against a liquid spill in the trunk as well as protect the trunk carpet floor from wear and tear. I think this is a "must have" low cost option.

2. Regarding the 3 leather interior items you added (rear storage tray, rear tunnel storage tray and center console trim), I think you could do without these and save yourself $3,000. I just sat in the back seat of my Taycan which has the same interior as the one you are ordering and the non-leather materials in those three spots look good and feel perfectly fine to the touch. Also, since these are back seat areas, you will never see or touch them so are they of much value to you the owner? I say your rear seat passengers would never know the difference so why spend the $3,000? If you selected the interior leather in these spots in order to make the rear seating environment "nicer" for your rear seat passengers, I'd suggest you should instead order the Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control for the rear seats ($990). That will add a cool looking lighted control panel for the changing of the temperature settings and will allow rear seat passengers to set different temperatures for the rear versus the front of the cabin.

3. There is only one option that my Taycan doesn't have which I really wish I had - - the "Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist" ($1,620). That option includes Rear Cross Traffic Alert which can be very helpful in parking lots where you are parked next to big SUVs and you really can't see and are backing out of your parking space "blind." I've had at least 3 close calls in parking lots because I really couldn't see to the side when I was backing up and this option will quickly warn you that there are vehicles approaching from the side. To me, unless you are never going to be parking in crowded parking lots, I think this is a "must have" option.

4. Since your wheel spokes are black, the brake calipers are black, the model designation on the rear is black and the Power Charge Port cover has a horizontal strip in black, I think you should consider adding the Door Handles in High Gloss Black for $350. I personally think having the door handles in black will add additional exterior accents in black that will enhance the look of the vehicle. Of course, this is a matter of personal taste so you may think otherwise. At a minimum I think you should go into the Configurator and look at the car with and without the black door handles and see what you think.

5. If you would like people to know that your Taycan is an electric vehicle (you'd be surprised at how many people don't know the Taycan is electric (they barely know that it's a Porsche), you might want to add the no-cost option for the "electric" logo on the front door. This would put the word "electric" in black on the front doors a bit below and just to the side of the black horizontal strip of the Power Charge Port covers and would add another black accent on the exterior of the vehicle.

I've racked my brain over this and the above 5 suggestions are all I have for you.

Again, as is, I think what you have configured looks fantastic and you will be very happy with your Taycan GTS. I do think at least 2 of the 5 items I'm suggesting you really, really should opt for - - the protective tray of the rear cargo area and the Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist.

Good luck!
@PorscheGuyFrom AZ

1. Porsche Designed Protective Tray - I plan to order for front and rear.

2. 3 Leather Interior Options - I actually chose those after reading other ownes’r posts and thought they would go better with the upgraded leather. I will think more about those. Maybe remove and add the 4 Zone Climate Control and still save about $2000. Even though I will very seldom have rear seat passenger(s).

3. Remote Park Assist w/Lane Change Assist - is included in the Technology Package.

4. & 5. I will play with the configurator to see how I feel about those options.

Again, Thanks…

1 - 20 of 21 Posts