Taycan Forum banner

Build Slot Lock

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RGBArgee 
#1 ·
Hi. Brand new here and was keen to learn of some experiences. Ordered my first Taycan in August, been told my build slot is locked in for December 20th. Any idea what the expected wait would be for delivery? (UK here and live 1 mile from Porsche Dealer).

Had my experience day at Silverstone and fell even more in love with the vehicle.

Thanks
Ash

#3 ·
This is bizarre, car was supposed to be completed 28/01 and delivery mid February. Got a call from Porsche yesterday stating production has been suspended because of a backlog of chips for the blue LED matrix lights. Erm I didn’t order this part and is not part of my specification. I then asked what happens now, and I was told that one option is to re-order but there is no date soon that production can begin. This is Porsche Colchester and the whole experience has been a bit shoddy.

I know that these are unprecedented times we are living in, but I think a 9 month wait, a delay, an error by Porsche with sending through a completely different configuration code and rectifying 2 days before build slot lock and now another delay on a non-existent part of my configuration are leaving a bad impression. Has anyone else had this experience or have I just been unlucky? This is my first Porsche and I’m still excited, just becoming a bit despondent with it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.