Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This will be my first Porsche-- I kept going back between the Turbo and the 4S. There was a point went off the deep end and was considering a Turbo S--It just didn't make sense to be speccing out a Gen 1 Cross Turismo to be 200K+ when a GT3 costs less (dream car).

I wish I could spec the sport carbon aero package on the 4S with the glossy wheel arches, but that seems like it's not possible.

I thank you for any insight/input in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I were you, I would drop the performance package and the brakes, and use the money to upgrade to the Turbo. I think you won't really feel the performance package in everyday use, and the brakes are already top notch. The additional pickup will definitely be noticeable though. You'll also get the glossy wheel arches.

I have a 4s on order myself, but its a bit lower spec'd coming in around $137~

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the Cross Turismo. I’ve had quite a few 4S Porsches by now. I think I am coming to agree with the new reality that if you are in the USA where speed limits are pretty much limited, the most fun you can have with these things are the base model. Everything else gets to speed so fast that you have to back off the throttle after 2 seconds. Having said that the new CT is still a 4S. Not sure what you are thinking about but the rear wheel steering should be included in the spec.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hello All,

This will be my first Porsche-- I kept going back between the Turbo and the 4S. There was a point went off the deep end and was considering a Turbo S--It just didn't make sense to be speccing out a Gen 1 Cross Turismo to be 200K+ when a GT3 costs less (dream car).

I wish I could spec the sport carbon aero package on the 4S with the glossy wheel arches, but that seems like it's not possible.

Personally I'm a sucker for more power so I'd go with the Turbo. But that really depends on what kind of driving you plan to do with the Cross Turismo. If you're doing regular driving and commuting the 4S will be plenty for you. But if you like to do some "spirited" driving the Turbo might suit you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If I were you, I would drop the performance package and the brakes, and use the money to upgrade to the Turbo. I think you won't really feel the performance package in everyday use, and the brakes are already top notch. The additional pickup will definitely be noticeable though. You'll also get the glossy wheel arches.

I have a 4s on order myself, but its a bit lower spec'd coming in around $137~
I ordered the Cross Turismo. I’ve had quite a few 4S Porsches by now. I think I am coming to agree with the new reality that if you are in the USA where speed limits are pretty much limited, the most fun you can have with these things are the base model. Everything else gets to speed so fast that you have to back off the throttle after 2 seconds. Having said that the new CT is still a 4S. Not sure what you are thinking about but the rear wheel steering should be included in the spec.
Congratulations on the orders guys! Welcome to the forum! How did you guys spec your 4S'?

@HZ1946 how many different Porsches have you owned?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations on the orders guys! Welcome to the forum! How did you guys spec your 4S'?

@HZ1946 how many different Porsches have you owned?
So far 5. But that includes 1 CayenneS. 1 CaymanS (the best) 2 9114S (excellent for snob appeal, total fun. Attracts attention, including from the police.) 1 Panamera 4S a little disappointing. though whoever bought it used got a great 5 year old car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello All,

For whatever it is worth, I’ve known 1 GT3 owner, and he hated the car on the street. He had nothing but regrets and wished he had purchased something from the normal 911 line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts