Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, has anyone had any problems with the breaking on their Taycan?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to the forum @TTS

Which Taycan do you own and under what driving conditions are you experiencing braking problems?
Have you taken it to your dealer yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @TTS

Which Taycan do you own and under what driving conditions are you experiencing braking problems?
Have you taken it to your dealer yet?
Hi
I have the Turbo S and the problem is at slow speed, the break peddle seems to go right down, I have had the car about four months and never had a problem but about four weeks ago it started and its happened four times now all on separate occasions after it has happened I pump the peddle a bit and it goes back to normal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why are you still driving the car? Go to the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you still driving the car? Go to the dealer.
It is at the dealers for the second time but they can't find anything wrong with it so thats why I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 4S. I have noticed several times at slow speeds, say in a parking lot, where when the brake is applied it seems a bit soft and stopping is slower than anticipated. I assumed it had something to do with regenerative braking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 4S. I have noticed several times at slow speeds, say in a parking lot, where when the brake is applied it seems a bit soft and stopping is slower than anticipated. I assumed it had something to do with regenerative braking.
There is a big difference in braking between coasting and regain.
One needs more braking when in coasting mode....especially going downhill.
I like the way the braking/deceleration behaves when in regen....more like an ICE vehicle.
Car Tire Snow Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After being in and out of the dealers over the last four weeks with them not being able to find the problem they eventually bled the break system and got quite a bit of air out, the breaks are sharp as new again thankfully and work perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the Taycan 4s since november 2020. Great driving experience. Few days ago, we start having issue with the brake. It takes extra long and hard to stop the car, for example, stopping at the red light. We took the car back to the dealer and they found patchy spots on the brake. My natural concern is the safety of the car since we did not use anything on the brake at all and where the patches came from.
Anybody else have the similar problem and give us some input?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was experiencing issues with my Turbo S where the breaks appeared to be failing intermittently and the dealers could not find the problem, after quite some time they decided to bleed the break system they said they did get some air out and from then on the breaks have been perfect. Its worth trying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts