Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

Bose or Burmester?

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although few specs and insight on the Taycan's interior has been revealed or all but confirmed, we can look to Porsche's current line up for our answers. Since I don't expect significant improvements to current Audio systems offered, the below options available on the new Panamera act as a good base for building our expectations. The options are very binary and I thought it would be interesting to see where Porsche enthusiast like myself stand.

As an audiophile the Burmester setup is what i'll get, although I haven't tested them out for myself in person, on paper the differences in hardware is a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Isn't Burmester the same system that Mercedes uses? I'm a bit more familiar with Bose products but the difference in wattage between these two systems is night and day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are correct. I'm curious what the premium is going to be for the Burmester system because I know it can be a couple grand in MB cars.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't Burmester the same system that Mercedes uses? I'm a bit more familiar with Bose products but the difference in wattage between these two systems is night and day.
Bose just does well with marketing as a whole regardless with which type of customer they target from what I noticed. Rarely will they get reviewed well by audiophiles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So many different automakers offer Bose stereo systems nowadays. Don't get me wrong for the most part they are usually decent, but far from what I would call premium. Just paying extra for a brand name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts