Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had doubts about Tesla since the very start. Buying from brands with a proven track record is part of my process, hence my interest in the Taycan

·
Registered
44 Posts
FUD, taking one person's story and making it about all customers. Outside of isolated cases I haven't heard of widespread long repair times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tesla has by FAR the highest customer satisfaction of ANY car make. (Porsche is number 2). Additionally, Tesla buyers have the HIGHEST likelihood of repeat customers, according to Consumer Report survey of 500000 car buyers. (Porsche is number 2 in this category as well). Tesla is seems to be always under a microscope. Years ago, Mazda could NEVER repair the overheating problem my father had in his truck....Finally just sold the truck.....oh....the Mazda was a Ford truck back then....lol (Fix Or Repair Daily). Everyone will have nightmare stories.....doesnt mean its the norm.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL "ConsumerAffairs.com is a Web-based consumer news and resource center. We are not a government agency and not affiliated with any other consumer organization."
Be careful where you get your info from, just looks like a place where people like to complain about a company.
While I wouldn't go to ConsumerAffairs.com as my first stop for this kind of info either, the might be on to something. Consumer Reports took away its recommendation for the Tesla Model 3 over reliability issues from their most recent survey. https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/tesla-model-3-loses-cr-recommendation-over-reliability-issues/

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't use Consumer Affairs as a measurement....It is a place for people to vent....That is why they are either EXTREMELY good reviews, or EXTREMELY bad.

Now see actual SURVEY of owners....Model 2 has the HIGHEST customer satisfaction of ANY car made. Porsche 911 is number 2. This is almost identical to the number in 2017 and 2018 reports.

The bottom line....Tesla owners LOVE their car......Porsche owners LOVE their car.

Click on thumbnail to see Consumer Reports on customer satisfaction of car

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, So discount the Consumers Affairs site if you wish. I went to the Tesla Forum and read posts for two evenings. Post after post after post from Tesla owners dissatisfied with software not working, having their cars sit for weeks not working and Tesla not responding to their calls and emails, deposits not refunded, no repair parts available for months etc, etc. After spending hours on the Tesla forum I believe the Tesla fanboys on this site are either paid by Tesla to only make positive comments about Tesla or are owners of Tesla cars with their head stuck in the sand.
If you have any doubts go to the Tesla site yourself. The King has no clothes....... :)

BTW-Consumer Reports has dropped their recommendation for the Tesla Model 3 due to numerous customer dissatisfaction reports....
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-model-3-loses-consumer-reports-recommendation/

·
Registered
449 Posts
As long as Tesla is willing to change and innovate I will keep them on my radar. Just look at other automakers that have turned themselves around.

Now they're moving to reduce dependence on Panasonic:

Tesla Wants To Build Its Own Battery Cells, Skunkworks Lab Already Working On It

Tesla is working towards the development of its own battery cells in a bid to reduce its dependence on Panasonic, which has been its upplier since 2014.

Citing five Tesla employees, CNBC reports that the EV maker has established its own “Skunkworks lab” for battery cell manufacturing research purposes at the Kato Road facility, just a few minutes from the Fremont factory.

Tesla and Panasonic signed an extensive partnership deal in 2014, which includes the joint ownership and operation of the battery-producing Gigafactory in Nevada.

The Palo Alto-based car maker has been “battery-constrained” in the past, said Elon Musk at Tesla’s annual shareholders meeting in June, explaining that Tesla had to limit its production of vehicles and energy storage systems due to a lack of batteries.

Building its own batteries would enable Tesla to become as vertically integrated as possible, which is Musk’s long-held ambition. However producing battery cells at high volume is a big challenge, especially for a company that only recently took cost-cutting measures and is still trying to master high-volume vehicle production.

Nevertheless, its engineers are developing and prototyping lithium-ion battery cells, along with new equipment and manufacturing processes with the aim to produce them easily in high volumes, always according to current and former employeesy.

Even if Tesla’s battery efforts prove to be successful, though, we don’t expect them to cut ties with Panasonic and other battery suppliers. Quite the contrary, as it will most likely contract both Panasonic and LG for the battery cells that will equip the first batch of Model 3s that will come out of its Shanghai factory for the Chinese market.

Source: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/06/tesla-wants-to-build-its-own-battery-cells-skunkworks-lab-already-working-on-it/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts