Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Taycan 4S. I had installed a 240 outlet installed in my garage, and I have completed the settings on the Porsche charging unit. The unit is set to charge at its fastest speed. When I plugged in the car this evening, the charging unit indicated the battery was charged to 51%. The charging unit indicated that it would take 15 hours and 15 minutes to complete the battery recharge. I am surprised at the length of time it will take to charge from 51% to full charge. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have just purchased a Taycan 4S. I had installed a 240 outlet installed in my garage, and I have completed the settings on the Porsche charging unit. The unit is set to charge at its fastest speed. When I plugged in the car this evening, the charging unit indicated the battery was charged to 51%. The charging unit indicated that it would take 15 hours and 15 minutes to complete the battery recharge. I am surprised at the length of time it will take to charge from 51% to full charge. Am I missing something?
Sounds a bit long....see what the charging rate is on your touch screen...it should be about .4 miles/minute and the charging unit should indicate that it is charging at about 39.5 amps.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Kinney! That does seem longer than it should be. Do you know if it actually took that long to complete the charge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Kinney! That does seem longer than it should be. Do you know if it actually took that long to complete the charge?
Thank you for responding to my message.

I went back to the car late last night. Although the charging unit indicated 15 hours remaining for the recharge to complete, the battery app on the car's console indicated only three more hours. Three hours proved to be accurate. I wonder why the charging unit is indicating different hours to completion compared to the console.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thank you for responding to my message.

I went back to the car late last night. Although the charging unit indicated 15 hours remaining for the recharge to complete, the battery app on the car's console indicated only three more hours. Three hours proved to be accurate. I wonder why the charging unit is indicating different hours to completion compared to the console.
If you're up for it, charging on a public charger might be a good idea to rule out this charging issue coming from your Taycan. Aside from this, how are you liking your Taycan so far?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you're up for it, charging on a public charger might be a good idea to rule out this charging issue coming from your Taycan. Aside from this, how are you liking your Taycan so far?
At an Electrify America 350 charger with my 2020 4S, I get 4 miles/minute, 90 KW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the Taycan. I am a senior citizen and have been driving Porsches for approximately 40 years. I have owned 911s during that time. My wife and I currently own a 2014 50th Anniversary Edition 911, 2017 Targa 4, 2019 Sports Turismo and 2021Taycan. As much as I love the 911s, especially the 2014 911, Taycan is the best overall Porsche I have owned. It is a great car - - very fast and very comfortable. If it ever came to pass that I had to choose between a traditional, combustion 911 and a fully electric 911, I would not hesitate to choose the fully electric model. (I wonder how the Taycan would do in driver education events and in autocross events.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I love the Taycan. I am a senior citizen and have been driving Porsches for approximately 40 years. I have owned 911s during that time. My wife and I currently own a 2014 50th Anniversary Edition 911, 2017 Targa 4, 2019 Sports Turismo and 2021Taycan. As much as I love the 911s, especially the 2014 911, Taycan is the best overall Porsche I have owned. It is a great car - - very fast and very comfortable. If it ever came to pass that I had to choose between a traditional, combustion 911 and a fully electric 911, I would not hesitate to choose the fully electric model. (I wonder how the Taycan would do in driver education events and in autocross events.
I must say that I totally agree with your assessment of the Taycan. I absolutely love my 4S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts