Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Auto Zeitung tests, the Taycan Turbo S was faster in the 0-60 by .02 seconds, along with other performance testing that shows the Taycan gets better overall performance.

998Auto-Zeitung-Magazine-Porsche-Taycan-01

Auto-Zeitung-Magazine-Porsche-Taycan-02

1001Auto-Zeitung-Magazine-Porsche-Taycan-03

Auto-Zeitung-Magazine-Porsche-Taycan-04

Auto-Zeitung-Magazine-Porsche-Taycan-05

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
Wow... 12.3 seconds a lap faster than the Model S Ludicrous. That's a absolutely massive gap on a medium-sized track. Basically, every 9 or so laps, the Taycan would lap the Tesla.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Taycan vs Tesla range numbers are interesting...
Porsche-Taycan-Range-EPA-WLTP-MPG-kWh-Gas-Mileage

Translated (I know its not the greatest):
"We determine the test consumption per 100 km on a standardized, 108-kilometer route (city, country, highway). the EU and WLTP consumption only serve as orientation and are not evaluated in the comparative test"

If I'm reading it right, Auto Zeitung got 28.2 kWh/100 km of range with the Taycan, which is much better than earlier reports I seen saying it gets around 26.9 kWh/100 km. This puts it even more ahead of the Model S although anything better than previously reported is only truly relevant if you plan on putting on a lot of miles frequently.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I didn't expect the lap times between the Taycan and the M5 to be so close. That would be a fun race to watch. Also, I'd love to see the Taycan lap a Model S in a real race lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't expect the lap times between the Taycan and the M5 to be so close. That would be a fun race to watch. Also, I'd love to see the Taycan lap a Model S in a real race lol
M5 will have a lot of character thanks to its ICE powertrain, something I'm curious to experience how Porsche works in here. Its tough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts