Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the following in response to PocketRocket's posting of the Taycan service manual, but my question is somewhat buried there so I thought I would start a new post in hopes of getting a response or two.

"I'm about 12 months away from ordering a Turismo and perhaps 18 months away from taking delivery. Every time I "build" a car, I check the Atlanta delivery experience box which I'm looking forward to greatly. However -- the owner's manual makes me wonder if it is wise to trust myself to drive a totally unfamiliar vehicle for the first time from Atlanta to my home in Virginia. And, even if that's not a concern, Is it advisable to pick up one's Taycan at the dealer in any case?"

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
I posted the following in response to PocketRocket's posting of the Taycan service manual, but my question is somewhat buried there so I thought I would start a new post in hopes of getting a response or two.

"I'm about 12 months away from ordering a Turismo and perhaps 18 months away from taking delivery. Every time I "build" a car, I check the Atlanta delivery experience box which I'm looking forward to greatly. However -- the owner's manual makes me wonder if it is wise to trust myself to drive a totally unfamiliar vehicle for the first time from Atlanta to my home in Virginia. And, even if that's not a concern, Is it advisable to pick up one's Taycan at the dealer in any case?"
I would suggest taking delivery at the PCE in atlanta
if you do the porsche experience when you take delivery you will not be unfamiliar with the car.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you do the porsche experience when you take delivery you will not be unfamiliar with the car.
That sounds good. So nothing that I would miss by skipping the handoff at the dealer?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds good. So nothing that I would miss by skipping the handoff at the dealer?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And nothing that the car would miss? The dealer doesn't do anything to the car that might not be done at the Atlanta center?

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
And nothing that the car would miss? The dealer doesn't do anything to the car that might not be done at the Atlanta center?
I would think that the people at the PCE would be well versed in delivering the car. after delivery you could pop by the dealership, show them the car, meet the service manager.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found info on Atlanta PEC. Looks like I'll be in good shape for the drive home to Virginia after their thorough briefings and demos. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts