Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't used the range mode yet and was wondering for those of you who have did you see any significant difference in the total range using that mode?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve used it a few times on longer trips. I haven’t seen a significant difference since I don’t hotfoot it on long trips anyway. My speed is limited to 70 mph that makes passing slower vehicles a longer process unless I switch from “range” temporarily.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve used it a few times on longer trips. I haven’t seen a significant difference since I don’t hotfoot it on long trips anyway. My speed is limited to 70 mph that makes passing slower vehicles a longer process unless I switch from “range” temporarily.
Thanks for responding. The main issue I have with the Range mode is it powers down the AC and that would not sit well with my wife. She and heat do not do well together. So if there's no significant range advantage its not worth making her uncomfortable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't used it myself, I tend to drive a lot with the windows rolled down. As a convertible guy, that combined with the glass roof seems to suit me. With the AC switched off the range becomes really good (I'm getting just shy of 300miles) However with AC on that drops down to about 270/275.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't used it myself, I tend to drive a lot with the windows rolled down. As a convertible guy, that combined with the glass roof seems to suit me. With the AC switched off the range becomes really good (I'm getting just shy of 300miles) However with AC on that drops down to about 270/275.
I might could try that when I'm driving by myself but with my wife in the car that's a definite no, no.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've tried Range mode on a couple trips and don't use it anymore. I haven't seen any significant increase in the mileage - switching from Normal to Range mode only gives me a few extra miles - not enough to make any difference in my route planning. Then the imposition of speed limits, AC off and other 'nannies' make it a non-starter for me.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried Range mode on a couple trips and don't use it anymore. I haven't seen any significant increase in the mileage - switching from Normal to Range mode only gives me a few extra miles - not enough to make any difference in my route planning. Then the imposition of speed limits, AC off and other 'nannies' make it a non-starter for me.
That's exactly what I am thinking. My last trip I got 269 miles on a charge in the Normal range with air-conditioning set at 70 degrees and running between 75-85 MPH. That's plenty for my needs.

·
Registered
2020 taycan 4s
1 Posts
We just completed a trip from SC to NY and back. We used range mode. We didn't have any comfort issues and arrived at each charge point with more remaining power than abetterrouteplanner expected.
We did have one issue.
Range mode will set a max speed. For us, it is 90 on the interstate and 60 on the back roads.
On the interstate at around 75ish in the fast lane, a message popped up saying recalculating range mode and immediately set us to max speed of 60. The car slowed quickly to 60 and you can not throttle past that.
Within a couple of minutes, another message popped up saying recalculating range mode and set it back to max of 90 and we accelerated back up to 75.
Kinda scary in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just completed a trip from SC to NY and back. We used range mode. We didn't have any comfort issues and arrived at each charge point with more remaining power than abetterrouteplanner expected.
We did have one issue.
Range mode will set a max speed. For us, it is 90 on the interstate and 60 on the back roads.
On the interstate at around 75ish in the fast lane, a message popped up saying recalculating range mode and immediately set us to max speed of 60. The car slowed quickly to 60 and you can not throttle past that.
Within a couple of minutes, another message popped up saying recalculating range mode and set it back to max of 90 and we accelerated back up to 75.
Kinda scary in heavy traffic.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Your information is very helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts