Taycan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi @Terra

Production at Porsche's Zuffenhausen and Leipzig facilities stopped since March 21. As of April 7, a restart date has not been announced. I know the Stuttgart (Europe) delivery center is scheduled to reopen on April 10 but that is subject to change as the coronavirus situation is unpredictable.

Even on the other side of the ocean everything is pushed back, U.S and Canadian events seem to be postponed till later in Q3, for now.

It seems like we'll get an update this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What does the article say? You have to be a subscriber to read it. My dealer is guessing at May for a restart.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What does the article say? You have to be a subscriber to read it. My dealer is guessing at May for a restart.
Here you go @r553. The factory closure is going to be extended at least through this week.

FRANKFURT -- Porsche will keep its two production plants in Germany closed next week due to supply disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Porsche said the resumption of output will depend a secure supply of parts. "We will monitor the situation," a spokesman told Automotive News Europe in a statement.

The automaker closed its factories in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and Leipzig on March 21, with the stoppage originally intended to last two weeks. The company has now decided to idle the two sites for a further week.

"The reason is bottlenecks in global supply chains that do not permit an orderly return to production," Porsche said.

Porsche builds the 911 and 718 two-door sports cars in Stuttgart alongside the Taycan full-electric sedan. The automaker's Leipzig plant produces the Panamera sedan and Macan crossover.

Porsche's Cayenne SUV is built alongside its platform siblings, the Volkswagen Touareg and Audi Q7, at VW's factory in Bratislava, Slovakia.

Porsche's global retail sales remained stable in the first two months, falling just under 1 percent to 34,500 vehicles.

·
Registered
160 Posts
per my Porsche rep .. Porsche seems eager to reopen this week sometime .. my Taycan Turbo delivery has been bumped to July 4th instead of June

·
Registered
817 Posts
VW over twitter today announced that next week they will phase in the reopening of its factories .. gonna give it a guess.. that includes Porsche too
Zuffenhausen will still be shut down for at least another week.

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
There's rumors floating around that the factory will open next week. I haven't heard anything yet but it seems like some people have.

Porsche Factory Opening

·
Registered
602 Posts
Porsche announced that production at Zuffenhausen and Leipzig will be restarting on May 4th!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Porsche announced that production at Zuffenhausen and Leipzig will be restarting on May 4th!

May the 4th be with you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts