Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone is here because they're moving away from Tesla.

We keep hearing that the majority of Taycan orders are from people not already buying Porsches. And we also hear a lot of bad press about Tesla lately. So much bad press....

Recently I read an article that Tesla is pushing back production of the base $35,000 Model 3 and that the car might never exist, with reports on Tesla forums that the brand is trying to up-sell people into more expensive models.

One Reddit response reads:
"I just got a call from someone at Tesla asking me to pay more for the longer range model 3. Otherwise, my configuration won’t be ready until the end of June. This is after telling me my car would be ready by the end of March and having me cough up more cash when I ordered."

Here's what Elon had to say
"Well the priority is for longtime reservation holders so we would first need to assess how many of the long term reservation holders want the $35,000 car. So it really depends on on that on that and obviously this news has been embargoed until now so we first need to assess how many of the reservation holders wish to buy that car. They will get priority and then it will be new new orders. But I do. But I should say that it is very likely that someone who orders will get the car in the US by the end of June, let's say - before the before the next tax credit cliff."

Now I don't suspect that Model 3 buyers and Taycan buyers are the same, but there might be some. I'm thinking it's more likely that Model S or Model X buyers who are fed up, or even just looking for the next cool new thing, are coming over to Porsche.

Is that you? If so, I'd love to know why.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Considering the Tesla is once again hiking the pricing of their cars across the range, I think many are looking to alternatives. The base Model 3 may never come and some with pre orders have already been asked to shell out extra cash. Not a great long term business strategy to keep people on board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts