Taycan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a prospective buyer, definitely itching to make the move; however, I am curious whether existing owners out here are seeing any range degradation over time despite following Porsche charging recommendations. Batteries do degrade over time, this is a known fact, and I am wondering how quickly this will become noticeable on a Taycan after a year or more of daily use. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am a prospective buyer, definitely itching to make the move; however, I am curious whether existing owners out here are seeing any range degradation over time despite following Porsche charging recommendations. Batteries do degrade over time, this is a known fact, and I am wondering how quickly this will become noticeable on a Taycan after a year or more of daily use. Thanks in advance for the input.
I have one of the first 2020 4S delivered July 2020. I don't drive it every day but have not noticed any change. I think even with the first 2020 cars, it is too soon to notice anything unless it's a defective battery. I have a 2013 Tesla with 81,000 miles and now see about a 1% loss. When it was new 90% charge gave me 232 miles, now it's 230 mies, better then most I have seen. The reason perhaps is that I have only used a supercharger about 10 times over the 81,000 miles, I charge 3/4 on my 220v charger and trickle charge (110v) to 90%. I also keep my garage at 50 F in the winter.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Taycan manual does state that repeated fast charging will have an effect upon range in the long run. There is an 8 year warrantee on the battery. Even though there have been some issues with the new car, and many of us feel we are beta-testers, Porsche has traditionally been very good about living up to their warrantees.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had a 2021 RWD with the standard battery and the 21" Mission e wheels for five months. Right now I'm getting about 232 on a charge. This is actually an improvement over the 210-215 I was getting when I first got the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 4S in Sept '20, and have about 18,000 miles on it. I charge to 85% at home as much as is practical, and use the DC fast chargers when away from home. I think Porsche keeps some reserve, so 100% is relative to what they allow for use. In the summer, I usually show a range of 265 miles at 85%, which extrapolates to about 312 miles total. I haven't detected any loss of range to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 4S in Sept '20, and have about 18,000 miles on it. I charge to 85% at home as much as is practical, and use the DC fast chargers when away from home. I think Porsche keeps some reserve, so 100% is relative to what they allow for use. In the summer, I usually show a range of 265 miles at 85%, which extrapolates to about 312 miles total. I haven't detected any loss of range to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you got the advanced battery pack ? I am getting increasingly fed up with mine , I have the advanced battery pack in my 4S and have done 9000 miles since Nov 2020, initially while the brakes were on grind I was only getting 198 miles at 100% , then it improved and my PB is 256 at 100% , substantially below yours , this has fallen now to 210-215 at 100% and is really not fit for purpose ? My energy usage used to be low 30kwh / 100 miles , I now can’t get below 40 , on long trips I used to gain miles and that doesn’t happen any more ? I am thinking of getting rid of it because it doesn’t work for the commute I do even in Range , my margin of error has gone ? Any suggestions ??

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
183 Posts
the sample size for the time period is too short. check back in a few years

·
Registered
Taycan RWD 2021
6 Posts
Have you got the advanced battery pack ? I am getting increasingly fed up with mine , I have the advanced battery pack in my 4S and have done 9000 miles since Nov 2020, initially while the brakes were on grind I was only getting 198 miles at 100% , then it improved and my PB is 256 at 100% , substantially below yours , this has fallen now to 210-215 at 100% and is really not fit for purpose ? My energy usage used to be low 30kwh / 100 miles , I now can’t get below 40 , on long trips I used to gain miles and that doesn’t happen any more ? I am thinking of getting rid of it because it doesn’t work for the commute I do even in Range , my margin of error has gone ? Any suggestions ??
Perhaps variations due to fluctuations of outside temperature ? Quite significant impact on mine when gets closer to zero Celsius

·
Registered
125 Posts
Correct, @OliverH
I saw SOC going up after car warming up from below zero to +10°C in the sun.
Temperature obviously makes a big difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts