Taycan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from SoCal

I have discovered this forum from my Jaguar I-PACE brother @Epirali

I saw the Taycan in person the day it landed in Porsche Newport Beach, then test drove the Turbo a few times at McKenna.
After the first minute of driving in the car, I knew I had to have it.
Im planning on a Turbo S in the next year, hopefully in a different, more wild color than the current offerings

I'm not a Porsche guy at all. The only Porsche I was ever interested in was the CGT which was the only Porsche I ever drove. I passed on it because It was beyond my driving availability.
The Taycan is the one Porsche I'm in love with

I'm looking forward to learning everything about this wonderful machine from this forum

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum @PS702 ! Glad to have you!

Apart from the I-PACE, what's your automotive history like? Other Jags? Any other EVs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I also have a Fiat 500e for a daily EV, have had EVs since 2000, other exotic and other ulta luxury cars
I-Pace was my first Jaguar which I really love. IMO it's one of the best EVs in the market
I see the Taycan as a sports car which happens to be a Sedan so it brings a different element compared to the I-Pace

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
So you're keeping the I-Pace as well?

I think you're right that the Taycan just happens to have 4 doors. Definitely a true sports car.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not surprised you came from the I-PACE world.

I know someone that wanted to sell theirs soon after taking delivery. It seems to be part of a consistent theme among people that have looked into them. Good to see your experience has been positive. Still not as bad as what I heard about the E-Tron SUV :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not surprised you came from the I-PACE world.

I know someone that wanted to sell theirs soon after taking delivery. It seems to be part of a consistent theme among people that have looked into them. Good to see your experience has been positive. Still not as bad as what I heard about the E-Tron SUV :D
I love the I-Pace in every way.
If I had the ability, I would have the I-Pace, Taycan Turbo S, and E-Tron. All different, all provide a different emotion.
E-Tron is boring but there is a time and place for that too

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love the I-Pace in every way.
If I had the ability, I would have the I-Pace, Taycan Turbo S, and E-Tron. All different, all provide a different emotion.
E-Tron is boring but there is a time and place for that too
True.

That has me wondering how different a Porsche electric SUV will be. Whether it will be something special or just a Cayenne and/or Macan with an electric powertrain.

About the Taycan, have you spec'd out what you would get?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True.

That has me wondering how different a Porsche electric SUV will be. Whether it will be something special or just a Cayenne and/or Macan with an electric powertrain.

About the Taycan, have you spec'd out what you would get?
Im certain any Porsche SUV will be very special with an EV power train. IMO ever automobile should be an EV, except for 911s, GT3s, GT2s et. I cant affored it, but I was disapointed in the 918 being a pug-in. Keep the pure ones, pure. The reason I was interested in the the CGT when it came out, was the manual transmission and its NA.

I specd out the Turbo S at $212k
The Porsche Code

My favorite color by far is Acid green, but it woulnt look right on a Taycan. I would want the pearl orange or Miami Blue, with matching interior, contract stitching. For the interior I would want less black, more of the chosen leather color. Im sure these options will be available down the road

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi @PS702! Congrats on your order and welcome. There's a lot of good stuff on this forum for you to go through. When you were deciding on which one to get, did you consider the Sport Turismo or Cross Turismo?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi @PS702! Congrats on your order and welcome. There's a lot of good stuff on this forum for you to go through. When you were deciding on which one to get, did you consider the Sport Turismo or Cross Turismo?
Thank you very much

I haven't ordered the Taycan yet, but I like Sedans and coupes much better than other styles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts