Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a used MY2020. It's beautiful, but the color is not my favorite (white). I've called up the Porsche dealership in my area, and their body shop specified they can respray my car in Carmine Red. They mentioned it will void the paint warranty, however they guarantee their own work with a separate paint warranty.

If I go down this route, what warranties will I void? Where in the warranty manual can I find this information in writing?

Also, I've taken a look at wrap options, and none of the wrap manufacturers really offer anything quite like Carmine Red, so, here I am.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recently picked up a used MY2020. It's beautiful, but the color is not my favorite (white). I've called up the Porsche dealership in my area, and their body shop specified they can respray my car in Carmine Red. They mentioned it will void the paint warranty, however they guarantee their own work with a separate paint warranty.

If I go down this route, what warranties will I void? Where in the warranty manual can I find this information in writing?

Also, I've taken a look at wrap options, and none of the wrap manufacturers really offer anything quite like Carmine Red, so, here I am.
What about wrapping the car, it’s reversible

·
Registered
7 Posts
Def don’t repaint such a new car under factory warranty. A lot of warranty risk, and forget the resale value. Repaint of new cars is for ppl that have too much money to burn or when the car has mostly depreciated (is old). Either get it wrapped or sell the car and get the car with the color you want. Demand for used cars is crazy high at the moment!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I would definitely not repaid a car. Best option would definitely be a wrap. That way if you get tired of it you can always remove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts