Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

In the mid of placing an order for Taycan 4s in Malaysia and would like to seek some advice prior to confirming the purchase:

1) Does the Taycan 4s with 79kwh have enough range for me to travel about 400km (250 mile) on freeway at about 32 degree celsius ( 92 fahrenhit) or should I spend the additional usd10,000 for the performance battery plus option?

2) is it true that if I don't purchase the sport chrono package, I will not have the function of launch control and adjustable suspension height?

3) do I still have any air conditioning for the back seats if I do not purchase the advance climate control (4 zone)?

4) is the 4+1 or some mentioned 2+1 seats option worth it?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2020, Taycan Turbo , White
1 Posts
Hi,

In the mid of placing an order for Taycan 4s in Malaysia and would like to seek some advice prior to confirming the purchase:

1) Does the Taycan 4s with 79kwh have enough range for me to travel about 400km (250 mile) on freeway at about 32 degree celsius ( 92 fahrenhit) or should I spend the additional usd10,000 for the performance battery plus option?

2) is it true that if I don't purchase the sport chrono package, I will not have the function of launch control and adjustable suspension height?

3) do I still have any air conditioning for the back seats if I do not purchase the advance climate control (4 zone)?

4) is the 4+1 or some mentioned 2+1 seats option worth it?

Thank you in advance.
RLY: question nr 1: you need at least Turbo version. 4S... you need 1 or 2 times charge.
RLY: question nr. 3: of course you will have AC at the back even without climate control.. Climate control is just a digital monitor panel for rear passengers can adjust the climate accordIndy.
RLY: question no 4: I cosidered Taycan still a sport car. So, 4 persons seat not for 5 persons. If you willing to pay for such expensive car, The 2+1 middle seat just nice.
Hope it helps.
BL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you BL for your reply, can anyone advice me on the second question as follow:

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi @Bon Tan!

1) The 79 kWh battery hasn't been rated for range which is annoying. The 93 kWh battery is rate for around 203 miles (326.7 KM) but that's been shown to be a bit conservative. Regardless you're going to need to stop and charge at least once for a 400km trip.

2) I don't think you need the Sport Chrono Package for launch control, but it's something that most people get. Launch control can be activated in Sport and Sport Plus mode. This is from the Good To Know app.

3) Yes you will still get rear air conditioning.

4) Do you plan on driving 5 people in your Taycan? If so then i guess go for it but I doubt it'll be comfy for the person in the middle seat. If not then just stick to it being a 4 seater.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thank you BL for your reply, can anyone advice me on the second question as follow:

Thank you in advance.
@Bon Tan Correct.
Sport Chrono Package on the Taycan 4S is not required to have launch control. A lot of 4S owners love like that, but if you want more of an experience (ex. adjustable suspension) then go for the Chrono Package.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts