Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone here was a fan of the Aston Martin Rapid, now they're coming out with an electrified version. Recently a President and Group Chief Executive Officer posted a video of a "Validation Prototype" running. One caveat, however, is it'll retail for over $200,000:surprise:, not a price I know everyone here can absorb. On a personal note, I rather have that glorious V12, its the last of a dying breed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Curious to see how the Rapid E stacks up to Taycan performance wise. I know they are using the same battery pack/powertrain but they are noticeably different in price. Not sure the badging warrants such a premium.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious to see how the Rapid E stacks up to Taycan performance wise. I know they are using the same battery pack/powertrain but they are noticeably different in price. Not sure the badging warrants such a premium.
I'll give you a hint, the Rapide doesn't price itself on performance and nor do most AM products, Porsche is the opposite.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any word on how many of these are being made? If its as limited production as most of their new models I would guess most of them are already spoken for. Look forward to some heads up comparison tests.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They are only building 155 units but that could change with interest. I have heard that AM wants to move towards more high volume products.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One challenge facing Aston Martin is they don't sell enough rapide's so that will put a dent in how much of the electrified versions they'll sell.

Do we really think they'll proceed to produce more than initial allocation is saying?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did hear that AM was considering more large volume products, but I doubt that will start with the Rapid E. They usually sell through their entire production run long before the car even makes its way to market. With that kind of demand they could easily see more sales by increasing volume.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts