Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going crazy which one to choose. My previous cars are Chevy Volt and Bolt. I seek guidance here.

I never owned an AWD EV. So, when it comes to sedan, I prefer 4S over base. But, for CT, all of them are AWDs. So, wondering if 4 CT is powerful enough as a daily driver and long rides compared to 4S CT.

While at it, I'm also confused about PTV+ and PDCC. Are they useful at all for non track driving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm going crazy which one to choose. My previous cars are Chevy Volt and Bolt. I seek guidance here.

I never owned an AWD EV. So, when it comes to sedan, I prefer 4S over base. But, for CT, all of them are AWDs. So, wondering if 4 CT is powerful enough as a daily driver and long rides compared to 4S CT.

While at it, I'm also confused about PTV+ and PDCC. Are they useful at all for non track driving.
The CT4 is plenty quick: 0 - 60 in 5.1 s. When I was a teen inthralled with cars 0 - 6 in any tenth under 6 seconds was the realm of Corvetts with the biggest V8. You said daily driver, and in that use you may enjoy the 4S power, but you most likely won’t ever need it. I’ve been driving a 911 Carrera 4S and I will say that the Porsche AWD is amazing.

My CT4 is being built now, and while I was also tempted to go with the 4S, and was leaning towards the CT4, my dealer had an allocation for a CT4, not a 4S, and it was their last allocation (for an amount to time that was not defined) so that settled it.

Both of those options turn a car that will amaze you with how responsive and precise it is, into a car that is calm and under control that extra bit of performance that would terrify most people. If you are changing from the Volt and Bolt to the Taycan you will not be disappointed without those options.

For unrequested advice: I chose to get the Surface Coated Breaks with the thought that so very much of the breaking is regen that the discs are going to see very little use, and one of the very few things about my 911 that bothers me it seeing the disks rust. An unexpected ‘feature’ of the standard Porsche breaking technology is that the pads and the discs wear at the same rate, which for me means that every 40,000 to 50,000 miles they both get replaced. But after I learned that I became OK with it just being the cost of having beaks with truly remarkable stopping power. But back to the PSCB, I have read that replacing those disks is rather pricey, but I doubt that anybody has a good guess how long the PSCB discs will last. I am betting it will be a very long time.

Good luck with your decision making.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently leaning towards 4CT as well because it's quite cheaper than 4S CT. My dealer might allocation for 4S CT (I'm first in queue). There are already 5-6 people before me for 4CT. So, I might end up getting a 4S CT. Or, I have to wait longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CT4 is plenty quick: 0 - 60 in 5.1 s. When I was a teen inthralled with cars 0 - 6 in any tenth under 6 seconds was the realm of Corvetts with the biggest V8. You said daily driver, and in that use you may enjoy the 4S power, but you most likely won’t ever need it. I’ve been driving a 911 Carrera 4S and I will say that the Porsche AWD is amazing.

My CT4 is being built now, and while I was also tempted to go with the 4S, and was leaning towards the CT4, my dealer had an allocation for a CT4, not a 4S, and it was their last allocation (for an amount to time that was not defined) so that settled it.

Both of those options turn a car that will amaze you with how responsive and precise it is, into a car that is calm and under control that extra bit of performance that would terrify most people. If you are changing from the Volt and Bolt to the Taycan you will not be disappointed without those options.

For unrequested advice: I chose to get the Surface Coated Breaks with the thought that so very much of the breaking is regen that the discs are going to see very little use, and one of the very few things about my 911 that bothers me it seeing the disks rust. An unexpected ‘feature’ of the standard Porsche breaking technology is that the pads and the discs wear at the same rate, which for me means that every 40,000 to 50,000 miles they both get replaced. But after I learned that I became OK with it just being the cost of having beaks with truly remarkable stopping power. But back to the PSCB, I have read that replacing those disks is rather pricey, but I doubt that anybody has a good guess how long the PSCB discs will last. I am betting it will be a very long time.

Good luck with your decision making.
Regarding PSCB, I don't think I'll get them even though they have better performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree but the regular rotor look very lost in 21 inches wheel. They are so small.
I plan to get 19" wheels.
The default one for 4S CT looks good enough for me. The default one for 4CT looks bad! It's all subjective though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I plan to get 19" wheels.
The default one for 4S CT looks good enough for me. The default one for 4CT looks bad! It's all subjective though.
The PSCB require an upgrade to 20” wheels, so the decision to stay with 19” also rules them out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The PSCB require an upgrade to 20” wheels, so the decision to stay with 19” also rules them out.
Yeah, I'm not getting PSCB brakes for sure. :)
Do they (PTV+ and PDCC) get engaged in a daily driving activity? My dealer said its only a track feature but I want to know if it helps in my daily driving. The max speed I probably went on a highway was 90mph. So, do they get engaged in that speed?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, I'm not getting PSCB brakes for sure. :)
Do they (PTV+ and PDCC) get engaged in a daily driving activity? My dealer said its only a track feature but I want to know if it helps in my daily driving. The max speed I probably went on a highway was 90mph. So, do they get engaged in that speed?
The salesperson is being truthful with you. These options are for very hard cornering. They will not likely do anything that you would notice on a highway. You are getting a CT, so the various settings for the air suspension will take care of all the sporty driving anyone sane will do on a public street. One option you would likely notice when driving fast on a highway and while parking is the rear wheel steering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts