Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,,
What’s the consensus on if the current Taycan will be able to charge at 350kw? I’ve seen it written in articles on various reliable car review websites that porche said it will be able to after an update, but other equally trusted websites have said that porche never claimed that the car could charge at 350kw (only talking about the car using 350kw chargers) and that it was only through inferring that people had claimed it would be able to charge at 350kw.
Would love to get a source either way directly from/quoting Porsche about this confusion https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ https://happymod.site/.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello guys,,
What’s the consensus on if the current Taycan will be able to charge at 350kw? I’ve seen it written in articles on various reliable car review websites that porche said it will be able to after an update, but other equally trusted websites have said that porche never claimed that the car could charge at 350kw (only talking about the car using 350kw chargers) and that it was only through inferring that people had claimed it would be able to charge at 350kw.
Would love to get a source either way directly from/quoting Porsche about this confusion.
There is a ton of word salad and mumbo jumbo when it comes to 350kw charging capability for the Taycan. At Mission E unveil it was presented as "up to 350kw". Porsche has since backtracked a bit and introduced 270kw charging capability for Gen1 Taycan yet has stated that 350kw will be a future update. It is unsure on my end if it is via OTA or HW upgrade. 350kw is expected with the Taycan Macan launch at the latest. Porsche installed its own branded 350kw stations .. which lets me believe that 350kw is not an empty promise but rather a "when than a "if"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can some explain then what’s the difference of 400 volt (current Taycan) which is limited to 150 kWh charging verses 800 volt which would allow 270 or even 350 kWh. Is this a physical upgrade or software update? Are the early adopters out of luck?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can some explain then what’s the difference of 400 volt (current Taycan) which is limited to 150 kWh charging verses 800 volt which would allow 270 or even 350 kWh. Is this a physical upgrade or software update? Are the early adopters out of luck?
Taycan (current) has a 800v architecture.. it is NOT limited to 150kw/400v.. 350kw charging capability will be available in the future.. how,when/where/what/ OTA update or HW update is TBD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Taycan (current) has a 800v architecture.. it is NOT limited to 150kw/400v.. 350kw charging capability will be available in the future.. how,when/where/what/ OTA update or HW update is TBD.
so the existing built cars are governed to 150 kWh by software not hardware? So upon a software update at a time of Porsche’s choosing you are telling me that existing cars will be capable of 270 kWh or even possibly 350 kWh charging? Thanks good news. My dealer didn’t really seem to understand this. Not a lot of training due Covid.

·
Registered
160 Posts
so the existing built cars are governed to 150 kWh by software not hardware? So upon a software update at a time of Porsche’s choosing you are telling me that existing cars will be capable of 270 kWh or even possibly 350 kWh charging? Thanks good news. My dealer didn’t really seem to understand this. Not a lot of training due Covid.
Your Taycan, today/current .. can charge up to 270kw right now, there is no 150kw governed.. at a future date Porsche will enable up to 350kw .. if that means either SW or Hardware, thats to be determined

1 - 6 of 6 Posts