Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that this is a big issue but I was looking at my EA station charging records today (Using the app) and I noticed a few charges appearing. This is despite me using the Porsche charging service app to initiate all my charging sessions. While the charges were insignificant I was a little perplexed for a few minutes as I thought the Taycan came with free charging at EA.

Then of course I realized that only the first 30 minutes is free and the rest is charged. Again, its' not an issue in any way but just be aware of the 30 minute free limit on the EA chargers and check your charging records.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I read on a forum that even if you end a session at 30 minutes and start a new one without waiting an hour that they will charge you as one session. However, that has not been my experience. I try to wait about 10 minutes or just move to the next charger over if there isn’t anyone waiting (and there never is). I haven’t been charged extra yet. Just that one time it went over a minute 🤑

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife and I have two electric vehicles (2016 Nissan Leaf and 2017 Chevy Bolt). We love driving down to Charleston or other areas near SC. However I have never and I mean never succesfully charged at an electrify america station. I have tried seven times at multiple locations and every time either they are down or the station drops charge halfway through the session. The first few times I called customer service and they said my chevy was the problem not the station... They even said I was plugging it in wrong because they have "special cables". Gotta love those guys.
I can't help but cringe every time I see EA make a new deal with Volkswagon or Ford to build more charging stations. Does anyone else share my pain?
I will never charge at an EA again. EVGO is far superior.
I think most of us try to make it work with EA because its free for first 3 years. I have only had one bad experience that almost put me in a pickle. I was down to 20% SOC and rolled up to EA at Peachtree Corner which is directly beside Tesla chargers. None of the chargers for EA worked. Kept getting errors. I called EA and they were able to communicate with the chargers and reset, but that didn’t help. I should have known something was fishy when I observed most of the cables on the ground, in mud, and water. Not sure if it was vandalism or what. Closest other EA station was in about 12 miles away in Tucker. I made it there and connected and charged without fail. They should have away in the Porsche app or Charge NA app to show when the last time someone actually charged at a particular charger and if successful instead of just if the charger is available. That way we can plan accordingly. I signed up for ChargePoint as an emergency backup though haven’t used yet.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
If I choose to charge to 100% it normally take more than 30 minutes so I usually wind up with a $4 to $5 charge. An 80%-85% charges is alway free at EA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not that this is a big issue but I was looking at my EA station charging records today (Using the app) and I noticed a few charges appearing. This is despite me using the Porsche charging service app to initiate all my charging sessions. While the charges were insignificant I was a little perplexed for a few minutes as I thought the Taycan came with free charging at EA.

Then of course I realized that only the first 30 minutes is free and the rest is charged. Again, its' not an issue in any way but just be aware of the 30 minute free limit on the EA chargers and check your charging records.
I went over my minutes last time and never saw a charge? What's with that?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I always get charged for going over 30 minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
. I signed up for ChargePoint as an emergency backup though haven’t used yet.
Have been driving an Audi etron for two years now. Have found RFID cards [in the center console] for ChargPoint, EVgo & GreenLots invaluable [when plug & charge won't work] as they always work and do not require an app or cellular service at the charging site. Ever forget to bring your phone on a car trip? Happens to me now and then.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I have 6 ChargePoint chargers in the parking deck where I live but have yet to use them. I do have the App and am all set up but continue to sue the EA station about a mile from my apartment. So far the Plug and Charge has worked like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts