Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my Taycan S today in 75-93 degree weather and flat roads 260 miles in RANGE mode. Virginia Beach VA to Greensboro NC. Arrived with 12% battery and 39 predicted remaining miles. Drove fairly consistent 65 mph for 1/2 the trip and right at 70 mph the second half. Some small town maneuvering includes.
Running comfortable AC (73 degrees) the entire time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Taycan Turbo S really surprised me with this range calculation! It seems to be getting better and better, did they do a software upgrade recently?

·
Registered
15 Posts
On a recent drive to from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA I made it with an effective range of 274 miles in the pouring rain at speeds of 65-90mph. This is on a 4S with Mission E wheels. This car really has great range on the highway I've found.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very impressive. My Taycan is finally released for transport so I should see it soon. I am coming out of a MS Long Range that was used primarily as a DD. The MS is supposed to have close to 400 miles of range but I never saw that. Additionally, as I got low on charge the remaining range would disappear at a faster rate than the indicated remaining mileage, so consequently I never let it get below about 10%. As a DD I think my new Taycan will ultimately be charged less often than the MS because the Vampire drain on the Tesla which was parked sometimes for a couple of days saw juice evaporate very fast just sitting there. I’m really looking forward to getting to know my new Taycan and I have no doubt range will be more than adequate.

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '20 Taycan 4S, '12 Mercedes 450GL
12 Posts
Very impressive. My Taycan is finally released for transport so I should see it soon. I am coming out of a MS Long Range that was used primarily as a DD. The MS is supposed to have close to 400 miles of range but I never saw that. Additionally, as I got low on charge the remaining range would disappear at a faster rate than the indicated remaining mileage, so consequently I never let it get below about 10%. As a DD I think my new Taycan will ultimately be charged less often than the MS because the Vampire drain on the Tesla which was parked sometimes for a couple of days saw juice evaporate very fast just sitting there. I’m really looking forward to getting to know my new Taycan and I have no doubt range will be more than adequate.
The only time I saw pretty severe drain on a parked MS was when I enable the Sentry Mode. Even for a week or so at the airport I would only lose 1-2%. 9 days to the 4S!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only time I saw pretty severe drain on a parked MS was when I enable the Sentry Mode. Even for a week or so at the airport I would only lose 1-2%. 9 days to the 4S!
Sentry mode was turned off at my house. Seeing 2-4% vampire drain per day was not uncommon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agree with comments by others - I have owned a Tesla Model S 100d (19 inch wheels) and currently own a model x 100d (20 inch wheels) and never got close to the EPA ratings for Tesla and often got significantly less. By contrast my Tycan turbo is getting significantly above the EPA estimate - 235 to 250 miles with Mission E -21 inch wheels. Although even if both got the same range Tesla’s charging network is ten times better than EA’s current network. EA‘S network is 5 years behind Tesla.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How does it compare to the Panamera in your opinion? Does it feel like it's a similar weight?
I traded my 2019 panamera 4S for a tycan Turbo. The tycan feels like a much smaller more nimble car then the Panamera and it actually drives more like a 911 than a Panamera. Porsche has done an amazing Job with this car in terms of driving dynamics and ride quality. The tycan is a near perfect car in terms of blending a 911 super car and a a more practical car like the Panamera. No one who drives this car will be disappointed. The Porsche connect app and software for charging etc... are another story.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have 5100 miles on my Turbo S. I charge to 85% as indicated in the owners manual. I was seeing a "predicted" range of as much as 206 miles at 85%- I have achieved that. As of last 2 weeks the "predicted" range is now showing 196-198 miles @ 85% charge. Yesterday the range ended up being about 194 miles for 85%. When dealer charged it up to 100% the range showed a "projected" of 236 miles. My other buddy has a Turbo and he's seeing the same reduction in range the more he drives it.

Great car, fast, smooth, very well built. Range......poor

·
Registered
154 Posts
On a recent drive to from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA I made it with an effective range of 274 miles in the pouring rain at speeds of 65-90mph. This is on a 4S with Mission E wheels. This car really has great range on the highway I've found.
Mine gets about 194 miles now, 85% charge at speeds of about 80-100 on highway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On my 4 S with 19 inch wheels I recently saw:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts