Taycan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my Taycan S today in 75-93 degree weather and flat roads 260 miles in RANGE mode. Virginia Beach VA to Greensboro NC. Arrived with 12% battery and 39 predicted remaining miles. Drove fairly consistent 65 mph for 1/2 the trip and right at 70 mph the second half. Some small town maneuvering includes.
Running comfortable AC (73 degrees) the entire time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Taycan Turbo S really surprised me with this range calculation! It seems to be getting better and better, did they do a software upgrade recently?

·
Registered
15 Posts
On a recent drive to from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA I made it with an effective range of 274 miles in the pouring rain at speeds of 65-90mph. This is on a 4S with Mission E wheels. This car really has great range on the highway I've found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very impressive. My Taycan is finally released for transport so I should see it soon. I am coming out of a MS Long Range that was used primarily as a DD. The MS is supposed to have close to 400 miles of range but I never saw that. Additionally, as I got low on charge the remaining range would disappear at a faster rate than the indicated remaining mileage, so consequently I never let it get below about 10%. As a DD I think my new Taycan will ultimately be charged less often than the MS because the Vampire drain on the Tesla which was parked sometimes for a couple of days saw juice evaporate very fast just sitting there. I’m really looking forward to getting to know my new Taycan and I have no doubt range will be more than adequate.

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '10 911 Turbo, 2020 Taycan 4S ordered
7 Posts
Very impressive. My Taycan is finally released for transport so I should see it soon. I am coming out of a MS Long Range that was used primarily as a DD. The MS is supposed to have close to 400 miles of range but I never saw that. Additionally, as I got low on charge the remaining range would disappear at a faster rate than the indicated remaining mileage, so consequently I never let it get below about 10%. As a DD I think my new Taycan will ultimately be charged less often than the MS because the Vampire drain on the Tesla which was parked sometimes for a couple of days saw juice evaporate very fast just sitting there. I’m really looking forward to getting to know my new Taycan and I have no doubt range will be more than adequate.
The only time I saw pretty severe drain on a parked MS was when I enable the Sentry Mode. Even for a week or so at the airport I would only lose 1-2%. 9 days to the 4S!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only time I saw pretty severe drain on a parked MS was when I enable the Sentry Mode. Even for a week or so at the airport I would only lose 1-2%. 9 days to the 4S!
Sentry mode was turned off at my house. Seeing 2-4% vampire drain per day was not uncommon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts